Salaman Ninja for Immunity:Fire 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loyaute, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Because, you know, he's ya boi.
    EDIT: Or make the Salaman racial a racial instead of something generic and boring and unfair to some races because we live in a world of equality and no singular (sala)man or (sala)woman should be more powerful than the status quo.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I mean he is a salaman I thought that he was supposed to automatically get immunity.

3. only

only Active Member

he isn't gamebreaker, but he is better than common opinion about him. I played him for a bit. I noticed that using MA instead of Stealth gives far better results. and everyone tends to use Stealth. play him like kamikaze and just except better trade value on the board. that's all what I ask for him. stealth is a great tool to push/slow down opposite player, but relying on it is not what I like.

the mistake was that Salaman Commando got it. they don't need those immunities. Salaman Ninja is something I consider "balance line". nerf champions above it.

Loyaute likes this.
  4. Loyaute

Mhm, and Salaman Trapper has Resistance:Fire 1. I get that some races don't have all of their units with the racial (Vamps with Life Siphon, for example), but this guy isn't breaking the meta and wouldn't be if he got his "racial".

5. jeeperz2

I think they put resit fire on Trapper because he already had 2 other resit to elements but he isn't groundbreaking in the least..

6. Loyaute

Most likely the case. It struck me as slightly odd when it debuted, but I've gotten over it.

7. only

only Active Member

Salaman Trapper has random resistances. it's probably even worse than Immunity: Fire (designwise). he could lose all those 3 and -1 DEF.

a champion needs role. Salaman Ninja has its role. it's not for everyone's deck, but he is cool enough.

if you want to see unpolished champions, try these pearls:
    Salaman Picket
    Cyclops Stonecaller
    Draksar Psion

so be happy with Ninja. also, did you try running him with MA instead of Stealth?

8. Loyaute

I have always ran him with Multiattack. Not saying buff the Ninja. It's more of a "hey, can we get some consistancy?" post. I agree on the above champions getting tinkered, and I'd add the Salaman Sentry as Picket is basically the same champion with some more bells and whistles. I'd rather see the Sentry be changed to be viable and the Picket take on a new role.

9. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Counter proposal - Salaman's get a unique and interesting racial and lose immunity fire across the board. UD's fire theme will be grateful.

Thbigchief likes this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

is this the new direction pox is taking?

11. Loyaute

I laughed.

Geressen likes this.
  12. Loyaute

I understand that the cauldron was a step in the right direction, but is not always available. I would personally love a new racial. Like I said, I like consistency. If the Salaman all had their racial or some aspect of synergy, I would be happy.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I dislike giving imm fire to a whole theme, because of the obvious skewed matchups it will create.

14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I really hope people are not suggesting that Salaman Trapper is balanced and could do with getting Immunity fire. Anyway back on topic, although I think it would be reasonable for Ninja to get immunity I don't imagine people would run him even with the additional ability.

15. Loyaute

There have been various suggestions for Salaman racials, all of them better than the current one, but even though it's been acknowledged by the developers, there don't seem to be any plans on changing them. Maybe something is happening with The Ronin, although I'm leaning towards probably not. An equipment idea would be fun. In b4 FS/IS equipment decks get stupider.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

including internment camps.

17. Loyaute

I'd use Salaman Intern in my deck. He could carry the entire game by costing 0 nora.

18. jeeperz2

Salaman Trapper is balanced lol. And I would run him.

19. jeeperz2

I remember the developers saying the racial was on hold or something but they had the idea.

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't think you get what an internment camp is, lets just say it's very similar to acamp where you concentrate certain people, or "racials" if you are a redneck.