Sand Scorpion

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Fyarghen, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Fyarghen

Fyarghen New Member

Sand Scorpion could use a little love. Nothing major, I don't think; it's in a position where I look at it and want to give it a shot because it's *almost* okay, but keep getting caught on one major hang-up. It's a 6 speed fatty with 1 range and no mobility abilities. The only thing that comes close is Hidden: Sand, which is pretty underwhelming on a melee 2x2 with no other stealth interactions.

All it really needs is something minor. 1-2 range would upgrade it from too-fat-to-function to okay-if-you-like-6-speed-melee. 1-2 range and Domain: Sand would give it a sizable boost up to the range where you probably wouldn't run it in meta goodstuffs, but if you were making a budget deck it would be in your consideration, and you'd definitely be looking at it for a sand or arthropod theme.

I'm not saying Sand Scorpion should be top of the list in terms of buff priority. There are plenty of runes out there that need more help. But it could use a little love, and I don't think it would be hard to give it what it needs.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sand scorp is a baller. i run mine with solitary and defense (assuming those are still the upgrades, and that damage and poison amp are the others). he's been fairly efficient for a while

if i were to actually think about giving him another ability, i would push hard for envenom

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Make it a 1x1 champ and it's probably close to meta worthy.

borice45 likes this.
  4. Fyarghen

Fyarghen New Member

That would also work to alleviate the major issue I see with him. I think I'd prefer to have him be 1-2 range and have domain, but then I'm a big fan of the sand spitter.

Comparing the two, the sand spitter costs more, is a bit tankier, and has trail and tunnel, as well as the amazing ability sand spray, but doesn't hit as hard. I might be overvaluing sand spray or undervaluing stun, but I don't think the sand scorpion would be more efficient than the sand spitter if it had domain and 1-2 range, and the sand spitter isn't exactly a commonly used meta unit as far as I am aware.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

as it is right now, making it 1x1 probably does make it metaworthy. not top of the charts, but much easier to accommodate at the least

i just want more SL envenom than the crappy snake

also, speaking as someone that's consistently run both scorp and spitter, scorp is more efficient because of the cost/poison/hidden, for me. solitary is also nice because it makes him a much better first turn drop 9 times out of 10 (actually more, but not 100% of the time). i feel like 1-2 and domain on scorp would probably be too much for the cost just statwise

6. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

I don't like that it's 2x2. I feel like the upgrades could be redesigned a bit, since it feels like a lot of other 2x2 units such as Sand Spitter. Making it a 1x1 and giving it more desirable upgrades would be a start. Poison Amp is sort of silly.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

poison amp is terrible, but for me it would be hard to beat solitary anyhow (and i like defense)

i really don't know how much i can stress how i like solitary- making him that stellar a first turn drop is half of what keeps him in the decks he's in, and every so often he's the only thing left alive and gets to run train anyhow

8. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Sand scorpion can't run train by himself.... that's just not what running train means!

TheNidhogg likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

he werks it out

10. Schmacko

You hurt my brain.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you love me

12. Schmacko

But my brain seeks vengeance against you and your family.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you kinky

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

16. bluestun

bluestun Member

I think sand spitter needs to change its name to sand dragon and gain +5 nora to balance out the upgrade