Searing Assimilation (KF/UD, Naria-themed spell)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xuldorl, Mar 31, 2016.

?

What do you think of the Naria runes?

1. I like them.

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. I dislike them.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I don't have a strong opinion either way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

Searing Assimilation
    Faction: KF/UD

Rarity: Rare
    Artwork
    : A dryad set ablaze while taking some of the aesthetic elements of the naria (lines colored like flame along the arms, eyes like fire, ect.)
    Flavor-Text: "They rose from the flames of Sheoul and the ashes of De'lim's folly. Now, they seek to burn the forest and its people, until the Naria are all that remain."
    Nora Cost: 35

Effect: Target friendly Plant or Treefolk becomes charred 2 and gains race: Vampyre and one random Conduit ability (Conduit: Attack, Conduit: Defense, Conduit: HP, or Conduit: Speed). If this champion costs 50 nora or less, then they gain Conduit Watcher instead of Conduit: X . This cannot be used on champions that already possess Race: Vampyre.

• What role is this Rune intend to fill? This rune is intended to allow more champions to fit smoothly into a Naria themed battlegroup. While this could be grafted into a champion (perhaps a legendary Naria for the midterm or next expansion), I think it could work just as well as an independent spell.
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes? To an extent it is, given the Vinetouched Pedestal. But this would exist specifically to make more champions into Naria, rather than simply making them Plant/Treefolk. Additionally, most spells that add races to a target champion fall under the realm of Sundered Lands.
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora? It would be the only K'thir Forest or Underdepths spell that adds a race to a champion, and it allows older champions to fit smoothly into a new and exciting style of play, something that isn't all too common.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes? Given its role is not presently fulfilled...
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use? See above.