Seedling Stuff!

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Gorebucket, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

The Seedlings in these ideas are treated like traps or glyphs. They have no health or presence and can be walked over. The difference is that that the opponent wants to step on these to prevent the bad thing from happening, not the other way around.

Sprout – For every 10 spaces this champion moves, a Seedling is laid on the space most recently occupied. After 4 turns, the Seedling becomes a Young Sapling. Seedlings are destroyed if a champion moves onto the space it occupies.

Propogate Seedling - When this unit takes damage from an attack, ability, or spell, it drops a Seedling 4 spaces away. After 4 turns, the Seedling becomes a Young Sapling. Seedlings are destroyed if a champion moves onto the space it occupies.

Swarm: Seedling - When this champion destroys a champion on a basic attack, a Seedling is laid on the space it occupied. After 4 turns, the Seedling becomes a Young Sapling. Seedlings are destroyed if a champion moves onto the space it occupies.

So the question is: Why not just do this with Saplings?
    • Using Seedlings mitigates some of the power of these abilities. Since the player cannot use them immediately and the opponent has 2 rounds to maneuver any unit over a Seedling to destroy it, not as many will live to impact the game.
    • It creates a unconventional mechanic to spice things up. Seedlings can be combated by timely maneuvering. Attacks only become necessary if that fails.
    • It matches the theme's existing flavor of growth into a more powerful form (Sporegill, Dragonbark, Gift of Ironwood). However, because these champs are produced by an ability and don't require a hefty investment, it's not as heartbreaking and game altering if they die before they can do anything.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

i'd rather the seedlings be relics, like summoned relics (so no font capture). and it should be opposing champion moves unto it. but hey!, the idea behind is really cool.