Shockwave was never in need of a Nerf.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anotherblackman, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Cheap meat spam needs to be regrettable again, especially since the Nerf to strip armor

IronStylus and davre like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Yeah and burning sands needs to be 40 nora again, not 50 nora.

Am I doing it right?

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It definitely needed a nerf though I will admit that its pretty hard to use effectively now.

davre and IMAGIRL like this.
  4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i agree. also voils and dragons need to be buffed, they are terrible right now. nerf trees.

5. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

You can't be sarcastic, it's really hard to tell because you're you.

6. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

When I see mw being sarcastic, it's a big confusement. Why not just post in the standard manner 'Voils and Dragons are themes that can be played on competitive level, not like trees that are in garbage state like 90% of the themes' howwever I wouldn't find that relating to the topic

7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Why did you put a period at the end of your title and not at the end of your sentence?

IMAGIRL and Lushiris like this.
  8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think it was nerfed because it was a stupid way to play and insta killed multiple champs.

Also agree though with what someone said above, about 90% of themes are unplayable that's why all we see are sp, fw, and sl.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Unplayable seems like a stretch.

Could you go through and list which all the themes, then evaluate which ones are playable?

10. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Voil, and, uh... huh. By deduction there are now only 10 themes in the game.

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'll bite for you:
    SP: Voils (current OP #1 theme), Hyaenids (with and without The Resistance subtheme), I wanna risk saying Cyclops or Mogas but I haven't seen them much.
    FW: Zombies (top 10 theme of current patch), Spirits (top 10 theme of current patch), Skellies, Worms (top 6 theme of current patch), Liches (weakest of the bunch, but they're playable and dangerous).
    IS: Dwarves, Paladins, Strux (FF and split), Beasts/Wings (although haven't seen it played much), Grints.
    ST: Frost Amp, Beasts, Crystals (although they're not top-notch, but playable), Jakei (rarely seen), Lonx (I'd say playable but not that good).
    SL: Skywin(g)s (top 10 theme of current patch), Skeezick, Draksar, Myx (although really hurt by current amount of anti-summons).
    FS: Jellies (top 10 theme of current patch), Psychic/Firks, Poison/Plants.
    UD: Imps (mischief needs a fix though), Goblins (a bit low on options), Minos, Demons (aka rush), Blood (really good), Spiders (playable but weak).
    KF: Magic Amp (strongest KF theme atm imo, part of top 10), Faeries (2nd strongest, part of top 10), D'elim/Treefolks (part of top 10), Beasts, Vashals, Archers (needs some more oomph)
    Splits: Kanen (top 10 theme of current patch), Tortuns (decent but there's bias against stability), Beast splits, Leoss (although very rarely seen so hard to say if they're strong), Stitched (atm not playable because of how wrecked they get by anti-summon abilities).

I think that covers it. It's all subjective and I am most likely wrong in many areas. Anyone more experienced than me is welcome to elaborate on this.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Champions made from Stitched Remains are real.

Edit: My Top 10 Theme List
    #1. Voil
    #2. Zombies
    #3. Skywings
    #4. Jellies
    #5. Worms
    #6. Dwarves
    #7. Psychic
    #8. Moga
    #9. Spirits
    #10. Kanen

A lot of them are close together and/or interchangeable.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    IMAGIRL and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I was thinking more of how the anti-summon abilities also affect their remains, which still have a summoned condition whenever you face them. Not kidding.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mthsoccer was playing ST flyers yesterday. Played two games against him playing that deck, it's far from bad. Pretty damn good even if you don't get rushed.

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Heajmac has also been punching above his weight with that archetype forever.

Baskitkase likes this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Playable = Whatever the top 3 players are using.

Etherielin likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

haven't you heard that skill doesn't matter and you can literally only win a game if you play voil?

every other matchup is a draw by default. Impossible to gain elo or e-hunnies these days.

Etherielin likes this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

giggity

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

How would much better would Shockwave be if it had no up front damage but instead kept the higher damage per champion effected.

All opposing champions within 3 spaces release a Shockwave dealing 10 physical damage to all other opposing champions within 5 spaces. This damage ignores defense.

1 Champion | 0 Damage Taken | AoE 10 Max
    2 Champion | 10 Damage Taken | AoE 20 Max
    3 Champion | 20 Damage Taken | AoE 30 Max
    4 Champion | 30 Damage Taken | AoE 40 Max

Champions hit by the ability only take damage from the other champion effected.

davre likes this.
  20. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Also while we're here, crowded forces.