shrine killer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris0024, Feb 14, 2016.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Just a heads up but I just encountered a combo with centaur skirmisher+indignation+quickening+rally the herd+transfusion and either champs or summons with high ap caps to give the skirmisher a ton of ap and basically go across the map and one round your shrine.

Call it a nerf thread if you like but now you know :D

P.S. maybe put the ability skirmisher on any champ equipped with indignation? just a thought...
    P.P.S or maybe put a cap on energy thief?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Splits are OP

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

this sounds like it takes an extremely long time to set up. y'know to go the entire map in one turn off nothing but energy thief and transfusion.

4. chris0024

nope, didn"t take long at all

5. themacca

okay okay. so illusions clearly from elven illusionist which=1 per deploy from Illusion of lies and 3 every 4 rounds via the illusion abilities. where are the summons coming from and where are they getting the nora to make all these things happen quickly whilst also preventing you from easily stopping it?

6. chris0024

I tested it and illusions no longer work with energy thief. I had assumed they would use illusionist since it used to work. No longer the case it seems :p
    Regardless, you do noy have to go for the shrine. I'm fiddling around with the bg and you can easily kill any champ or just bypass them with bastion of mobility. I made my own version of the bg to see how it works.
    You can nitpick all you want, but it does not change the fact that being able to one round a champ or shrine at any given moment from long range is no bueno.

7. themacca

okay okay. i wouldn't call it nitpicking since my questions are valid. But if illusions don't work how are they producing enough summons to be able to do this on a consistent basis where they're crossing the map and 1 rounding things.

8. chris0024

timberwolves. I put in grim mirror for cheaper wolves and I assume he would too. It took a game or two to get it down to manage all the summons and generate the ap but it can be done.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, how are Illusions helping with this if it isn't working with Energy Thief?

10. chris0024

i've since edited my initial post after testing the bg myself. I had assumed energy thief still worked with illusions like it used to. I pointed this out in the previous posts.

11. Sokolov

So how does it work? What is generating all this AP? Is it just casting Transfusion 2x?

12. chris0024

Pretty simple really. You get 3 champs from timberwolves with 12 ap on each champ. That's 6ap from each one if they are allowed to save the ap. If not then you will get 3ap at most from each one. Throw in slipstream fuclcrum into the mix for an extra 3 ap on top of the extra ap you will get from the summons because of it and mobility in case you opponent sees what you are doing and tries to block you. You can also just leap over them. All of this is before quickenings or rallies are used. Sometimes one spell or you can attack 5 times with skirmisher if you plan it out correctly. Also, all of this is done from 7 spaces away. You can either pick off his champs or build up to one round his shrine. After playing this bg it is pretty easy to pull off.

You fill in the rest of the bg with standalone champs to contest fonts while you build up your machine.

13. Sokolov

Ah ok, your edit to the OP didn't include timberwolves so I didn't think it was super important. Seems like the Wolves are fairly critical here.

14. chris0024

Well yes, I'll agree on that. Is it only the wolves? Which part of the combo is it that puts it over the top?...
    • Indignation on a champ with blitz and running strike
    • the high ap allowed by the kf bonus
    • the ability to hit from extreme range at "least" 3 times
    • bastion of mobility
    Very creative use of all these champs, relics, and equips but is no fun to be on the receiving end of this. Especially when you try to position or use spells to stop it.
    Also, apparently there is a cap on energy thief. I found out while testing this with covah haha. I think it was around 18 ap?

15. leiaisher

leiaisher New Member

I understand that this deck i created is kinda OP in a sense, but i believe that it still has it own counters. I can forsee a nerf coming as expected, although the runes that i used are all SHOEBOX-ED runes that no one ever uses. I enjoy the fun in creating decks that no one uses before and winning with it. But anyway, just to add on to what chris has mentioned, it takes only centuar + wolf out and 115nora (indignation+quicken+rallytheherd/quicken) to one shot shrine.

IMAGIRL, Ssharsted, Ifem21 and 4 others like this.
  16. chris0024

This is the issue I have with splits. Something in SL or KF will get nerfed because of all this and for what? A week or so of enjoying this bg.
    This is not an attack on you Leiaisher or anyone else that comes up with new creative ways to use old runes it's just that i'm frustrated with this cycle of nerfs caused by splits.
    And before anyone brings it up I understand splits will not be banned or splits aren't the only reason for nerfs :rolleyes:

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  17. leiaisher

leiaisher New Member

no worries chris. i too find that its a problem due to splits. I am always a FF-KF player, but when i realise how under-powered FF themes/meta decks are, I chose to opt for split decks, finding some new ways to win the game.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

LOL!

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Shouldn't have nerfed the duration on Lockdown, gosh.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sounds to me like Skirmisher needs Skirmisher :p

SPiEkY likes this.