Singular Split Heroes? Split-Faction Legendaries?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Shell Dorado, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Shell Dorado

Shell Dorado The King of Potatoes

Just wanted to see if I could get some input from the devs, or anyone in general I suppose. I don't know if you guys are at liberty to discuss this, but I was just curious as to why there are no legendary split-faction runes. Is it a balance thing? I have a similar question regarding Split Heroes. Is there a particular reason why you can only include one in a deck? I understand there should be some limitations, or you could just chalk a split deck full of Split heroes. I have no complaints on the matter, merely curious as to what the reasoning is.

Whatever the case may be, keep it up, DOGs! You guys are amazing :D

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There's only one Legendary hero, Princess Ctharia, which was released during Bonds of War, all other heroes are Exotic. I wonder if that was done by mistake.

As for why there's only one per deck, I'm not sure. I think it would be good if you could include more than one, but only if a restriction was in place to keep the hero in theme with the deck. So you could have Mosharn and Hraken in a Leoss deck, or Kiergana and Garin in a Kanen deck, but not Kiergana and Hraken. Perhaps restrict even further by making it so one of the heros must match how the deck is split, so you couldn't use both Kiergana and Garin unless you were playing either SP/SL or SL/UD.

We don't need Ash, Hraken, Jyx, Kiergana, Matriarch Sarinda, and Zoalt all running around together.

3. Shell Dorado

Hahaha, agreed. That would be terrifying. Huh, there's something else I hadn't realized; there is only one legendary Hero isn't there?

But what I was more wondering is why there aren't any legendary splits, hero or otherwise : )

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  4. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

You mean like Demonologist?

I think he was just altered to fit into FW recently. The main reason is because legendaries are released as sets of 8, one per faction. As we saw with the midterm exo release, people get annoyed when one faction gets more releases than another.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Demonologist isn't a hero.

6. Shell Dorado

The discussion of legendaries and the discussion of heroes are separate things :3, but thanks, I didn't know he got a split, That'll be good news for my friend making a Vamp deck.

Anyways, thanks for the input! That makes a lot of sense.