Skeleton BG need feedback

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by D4rkSteel, May 7, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Who are you and when was the last time you played?
    TP was buffed and is a great champion in skeletons now, Crossbone has Precision and 2 big dots and crawling has lumbering making it pretty bad.
    2 SA is not overkill with 2 DR and wake the dead in the bg

2. BansheeX

I took offense to your tone and questioned your credentials because I have never seen you in the game not played against you.

In the days of 20 runes Attrition was a real viable game mode, but the game has changed and teh way you played attrition back then to the way you have to do it today has changed.
    These days the ability to oneround is more important and SA enables that in a very effective way.
    The reason 2 SA is worth including are many fold: Reveal (so you have it when needed), Replacement of a destroyed one, Redepleoyment in a different part of the battlefield if the game has moved to a different part of the map.

As for the Crawling i have used it. I used it in 10 matches and then gave up on it. It cost me battles rather than win them for me and there are so many other skeletons that outperforms him that it is a waste of a runespace in the bg.

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Needs 2x Broken Bones. Anything less is sacrilege.

4. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Banshee I wasn't trying to be offensive in tone. Give me the benefit of the doubt T_T

I agree about one-rounding. And I agree about the utility of DR +SA...my point was just that if you play it as DR -> sacrifice all summons -> use boosted champ, seems like wasted nora to me. You're paying a good amount of nora for a slight boost to some other unit. But, whatevs. However you want to play it.

And yes I can see SA being used that way. I would personally prefer to use the space for something more immediately useful. My general principle is to never play a rune that doesn't immediately pay for itself upon deploy/first activation. SA doesn't, IMO, unless you are boosting a large attrition army.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

this forum used to be more fun to post in. sorry stargorger, youre just going to have put up with these experts until the revamp is done.

7. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Haha I don't really see the point of putting the 2x DR 2xSA in SKELETON decks if you're going to sacrifice the summoned skeletons anyway. It has nothing to do with boost skeleton anymore.

Edit: Oh and please keep it nice in this thread. Let everyone share their opinions and experiences

8. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Sorry Darksteel. Didnt mean to derail it. Thats just my opinion. I havent honestly tried 2 SA because Id prefer to use the second slot on something else. If Gabriel and Banshee have had good luck with 2, by all means go for it. Just dont see it as that great myself.

On a seperate topic: if you guys were to suggest EITHER 2x WS or 2x B, which would you choose?

9. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

You still talk about a different rune even after you were given a link.

Stargorger likes this.
  10. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Sorry Darksteel. Didnt mean to derail it. Thats just my opinion. I havent honestly tried 2 SA because Id prefer to use the second slot on something else. If Gabriel and Banshee have had good luck with 2, by all means go for it. Just dont see it as that great myself.

On a seperate topic: if you guys were to suggest EITHER 2x WS or 2x B, which would you choose?

11. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Lol you are...sadly right. I was still thinking of bone altar. Lol. *facepalm* Gabriel, my bad. Lol

12. GabrielQ

no problem, delete those posts (if you want) and let's forget this.

13. Stargorger

Stargorger Member

Yeah posts deleted. My bad. :)

BUT. If you ever want to argue about whether to use 2 BONE ALTARS...well. Then put up your dukes! :)

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

oh good, another new player censored and taught who not to argue with. wtg on all that hard work with the new players Gab. You're a real inspiration.

15. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

My favorite part about skellies? I don't feel pressured to run a Serkan. Sometimes it's nice to leave him at home :p

16. BansheeX

Zombies do fine without him as well :)

17. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Yes, but there's still a bit of pressure there since swarms are real units and could feed vendetta (Curse those damned hero equips).

18. BansheeX

I never felt the presure to be honest

19. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

But seriously why use 2xDR 2xSA specifically in a skele bg when you instantly sacrifice the summoned skeletons anyway and don't make use of the boost skeleton.

20. GabrielQ

Because is at least as strong as in other bgs and you may still use boost on the summons in some cases, pushing the skeletons above the 1 bomb/1 AoE/1 attack killing them all, also, you can DR + mobi in a desperate situation and get a +6 damage for each skeleton (+3 from boost for each attack)