SL is the new KF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nizzer11, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

Playing vs SL right now is incredibly one sided both in the power it brings to the match and the enjoyment from the players.

First on the list is the mynx drone. I like Myx. I like how they operate. The drone simply brings to much to the table. 36 hp, charge, 6 speed, and scour for the ease of pooping these things out is way over the top. I'd suggest half hps and remove charge.

The coordinator is to efficient. A turn 1 coordinator is practically gg. Having your opponent relocate all over the map while you plod along at 6 speed isn't much fun at all. We have already seen the need to limit relocates in other factions. The nora cost of relocate probably needs to go up as well as some kind of sand bag ability added to make this rune more reasonable.

Draksar are bonkers. The reduction to regen was unwarranted. Regen 3 is the same as heal 3 every 2 rounds for no ap on every champ it is on. CV is too strong. Alot has been said in the Nerf Draksar thread so no need to continue it here.

Finally the SL bonus needs to be streamlined and toned down. The SL bonus change is a real quality of life issue. Calculating damage vs SL is needlessly complex. With the tone down of faction bonuses SL needs to go to a straight 2/1 def bonus. This is good for everyone but especially good for new players as it lowers the barrier for entry due to less complexity.

avichaif, claydude5 and Vorian like this.
  2. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Give sl their moment in the sun, jeez!

Pattn199 likes this.
  3. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well, lizards do enjoy basking in the heat.

Pattn199, DarkJello, Ohmin and 2 others like this.
  4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I did warn peeps that if a faction becomes too strong they go after its bonus, and look what people are doing with SL right now.

5. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

People = one dude on the forum who has made about 27 posts in total.

"People" is a stretch.

6. Vorian

Either way SP is the weakest faction atm and we are happy to keep it that way, while we build up our player base through forum recruiting. In SP we are just fed up of always finishing last in DOW.

7. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

>.>

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

:rolleyes:

Vorian likes this.
  9. Vorian

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the sl bonus change you propose is likely a factionwide nerf. on top of which, the sl bonus is probably the most consistent thing in the game so far as calculations go (unless something major has changed or popped up). i've explained it many times. if you would like, i can do so again.

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

m...merv? is that you?

Etherielin, BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  12. Nizzer11

Nizzer11 Well-Known Member

I've been playing the game for nearly a decade.

I usually avoid the forums because of the extreme biase and zelotry.

I have been playing alot more lately. I really like the changes the owls have done with the game. The amount of runes you can get and the accessibility with the rune forge are fantastic.

That being said I really don't want the good times to end due to extremes in balance in the game play.

This desire has brought me to these forums in the hope to shed light on a step backwards by returning to power creep.

The forums will always be what they are. Not sure why so many SL players are so attracted to this board but being vocal isn't a good reason to unbalance the game.

mortal ix and DarkJello like this.
  13. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Math. The silent killer.

Baskitkase, Kampel, Jib and 1 other person like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I like how all of a sudden stuff that has been exactly the same for ages is OP now.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

It is almost like things around those runes are changing rather than remaining exactly the same!

Dagda likes this.
  16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Explain SL bonus to me. Explain Myx to me.

The whole draksar thing is blowing up, shrug. People didn't complain about regen a month ago. Why? Because they weren't losing to it yet. People are incredibly easy to manipulate. Nobody plays X, X is okay. Everyone plays it and I now lose to it sometimes? Yup X is so broken wtf.

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah I do miss the allure and poise of the "I actually beat this...but can we still nerf it?...kThxBye" threads.

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Oh, I wasn't making any particular commentary about the actual relative strength of SL to other factions, simply that things that were always "okay" could become "not okay" as the situation around the things change.

An extremely powerful theme enabler can suddenly look very problematic if the theme becomes good. Like I expect that if Centaurs suddenly become strong Rally the Hard will get pages and pages of rages. The only reason it does not now is because Centaurs are pretty bad. The same was true of draksar before, but now they are pretty good and people are losing their Bane Shift and trying to figure out whatever they can to make it so the pain will please, please stop. Some good ideas come out of it but a lot of it ends up either being just bad or completely mistargetted.

Honestly, the forum is collectively little better than a mob of children constantly pulling at the developer's pants to get their attention for whatever is bothering them either in the negative or the positive. This is not to say I look down on other forum users, or that I am better than that (buff FS! nerf FW! :p) but I imagine it must be exhausting for the people who are forced to wade through it and still do their job.

19. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yup SL so bad we actually spent the last month gushing over how OP Draks were and actually arguing with limited superstar mw24 that it was a viable deck. We would like to welcome everyone to the club.

The Regen recost was needed. The Violent reduction wasn't.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I've never said SL was bad. I've said that they suffer from the same problems that can result in frustrating and hard to win matches. But they also have matchups where they absolutely stomp stuff.

Source: I'm BP

WhatTheHex likes this.