So how would a lich bg look like?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Pheezy, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

My pre-revamp lich bg, looked something like this which wasn't exactly great but it had a mix of things:

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c37c7ycq...cuPctIc4ns6ZspsgSns4fs5ar3lrTr2Pr2Ir8e1mete2J

Post revamp, I have noticed a lot FW units which are actually NOT Race: Lich have surge: lich, which doesnt make sense to me. So now, I am sort of all over the place with what units to include. With the most recent update, I see that Serkan and Lich King did get a slight decrease in nora costs but I dont know if they are still as runnable as there are also plenty of other runes with much lower nora costs. However, the range serkan and lich king bring is amazing. Any advice on where to go with liches now? or should I wait for further adjustments to abilities/nora costs for lich champs?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Liches aren't really viable at the moment :/

3. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I think you'll definitely struggle (I certainly have).

- The slight cost drop didn't really help Serkan - his problems are that he has no relevance to his own theme, and SPD6 with teleport is just horrible.
    - Dark Knight is now expensive, slow and much more vulnerable.
    - Lichlings have gotten more expensive and lost a lot of stuff.
    - Skeletal Reapers are now much more expensive (so, combined with the changes to lichling, Liches are now severely lacking in cheap champions).
    - Lich King is now ludicrously expensive (though at least he actually does something).

Essentially, Liches have been hit at both ends - our cheap champions were made more expensive, and our expensive champions were made both more expensive and much worse.

A couple of middle-of-the-range champions (Soul Collector, Anthropomancer) got a bit better, but not nearly enough to pick up the slack.

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

What am I missing. People keep saying the revamp Lich King is worth his cost and I just cant see it.

One thing tht really bugs me is the abundance of Leverage Lich. As far as I am concerned it shoud be on just one champion: The Dark Apprentice, wich should be very cheap and a support champion. Not a above 70 nora one.
    Lichlings should never have gotten the ability in the first place. They are littel sabotours/rogues and should do that instead of calling forth the more powerfull liches.

The theme as a whole need some synergy and cheaper champions in both ends of the spectrum.
    Its allso very frustrating that Serkan has no real connection to the Liches besides with the Servitor (which seems to expensive, like all the rest in the theme)

5. vipoid

I don't think he is worth his cost - it's just that, with Serkan dead, I can't think of any other lich who can fill a similar role. All other contenders lack both his range and his damage.

Agreed (especially given his title of 'Lich Master').

Also, as well as being expensive nora-wise, Lich Servitors are expensive to acquire.

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so dark knights turn into lich knights. what if each theme had its own 'knight', and the servitors could have a choice as to which knight form they take. then serkan and his servitors could plug into several themes. then change serkans uprades to be surge zombie, skeleton, spirit (in the first upgrade slot) and surge lich, mutant, human (in the second slot). This would make him relevant in any deck you put him in, and would also promote split themed decks.

7. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Serkan is called the LICH master though. Giving him surge zombie, skelly, spirit, mutant and human would be kinda anti flavorful :/

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

abot leverage: lich, that ability costs 10 nora and discounts 10, so it's basically worthless.

9. vipoid

Actually, it's worse than worthless.

If that champion didn't have Leverage: Lich, then you'd have an extra 10 nora to play with.

However, with Leverage: Lich, you only get your nora back if you play a lich. So, not only can you not use the extra nora for spells, equipment or relics, but there's also a chance it could be lost forever (if, for whatever reason, you can't/won't play another lich in time).

10. Ragic

I feel sorry for the witch who tells serkan she doesn't have to listen to him cuz he's a 'lich' master.

11. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

At his current powerlevel she would get away with it and he would say Yes ma'am, sorry.

12. Ragic

thats why witches should make him surge

oops not the innuendo thread.