So what's been working for the new UD meta

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by HannibalFee, Jul 27, 2014.

1. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

Been awhile since revamp and I suck at judging things like what to put in for a meta bg, so many choices. but who's the best?

2. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Well, Deep Elves are The Bane Shift now. Many shoeboxed deep elves turned into cheap powerhouses, and Grimlic's treachery seems more runable than ever. Grimlic went through a lot of changes turning from shoeboxed into runable.

Also, I found out that Brutality and Demonvein Vampyre are runable if you play well your runes in a split FW/UD with vampyres and stuff.

3. HannibalFee

made a deep elf bg but still don't care much for treachery, superiority seems more efficient to me at least. Demonvein and brutality seem like they'd go well together, wonder how well it'd work with vix too.

4. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Hey, if you are interested in a Brutality BG, check my thread. I did 2. But one's outdated.

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

eh ive been throwing fire bombs at wasps and borghas... for now

6. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Bleed is no longer a theme, just FYI. It could be a sub-theme, or a component in splits with FW vamps, but you can no longer build a BG around the Bleed ability (not a good one, anyhow).

Spiders are just "okay." Beasts was dead for a bit, but then Bunny Lord got a cost decrease (I haven't played or spectated it, so I'm not sure about its power level). Goblins are worse than ever (the Gloombringer was hacked off at the knees, for starters). Imps are too squishy to justify playing over a generic goodstuff BG.

Basically, if you're playing UD, then you're playing a cost-efficient goodstuff BG with lots of elves, or you're playing fire.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    SPiEkY likes this.
  7. HannibalFee

undertortis with molten cloak = demigod status.

8. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Been hanging out in top 50 area with minotaurs, though been losing a lot of matches this week because my ISP keeps randomly disconnecting >.<

However, I'd say the DE good stuff bg is best right now just from what I've seen and played against. Fire bgs are also pretty good.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I've had pretty extreme success with fire, but I'm ranked rather low (Was Exo at the time, but just barely), and haven't played ranked in a couple weeks, so I'm not sure how ranked-viable anything is, though my fire BG only got buffed in the recent patches, so I would assume it's still solid.