so what's everyone thinking of st atm?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Dec 13, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

so assuming anyone other then braxzee is still playing pox and st, what are people liking about the faction currently and where would they like to see it go?

I know braxzee wants to create a gale theme, and i'm behind him gale for president 2020!

but on the off chance that every unit in st doesn't get gale what else can we do ;)

<3 braxzee

2. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Lonx seem pretty good to me atm. Striker and Adept deal a ton of range dmg and throatrend and gnark are great melee champs. Hurlers pull double duty and all of these guys a fairly cheap as well.

SireofSuns likes this.
  3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Frost theme seems to be alright still, not amazing, but fun and viable.

You can also do FS/ST Collective Monks. They work nicely.

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Other than Gale....hmmmm.....Lonx are missing something.....I did not like the equipment route that they went and it seems to be more of the salamanders theme anyways. I do miss the snow traps and and the speed they used to have. I know the speed will be an issue to get back. Azaren giving the charge ability to have to be used in the same round seems to be very challenging to make it useful. I would rather Azaren do something else all together. Maybe give them tough or trample or grant snow ball. It is a nightmare to use Azaren correctly and I know the nerf happened due to abuse of the ability in other factions.

The biggest thing going for Lonx is soften and sunder which I like. Now that hunter X works differently maybe more champs have it as their basic ability. It makes sense as well

5. Braxzee

Oh and something else that knocks down flight in the same round and or an Ice fog that reduces range (This would help Lonx in a big way)

6. calisk

well I can agree about lonx, as far as st theme's go it seems like the closest for me. the soften and sunder source are numerous and they also have speed, range, relocation and unit synnergy.
    all around they've come out great.

amp is solid as usual the cost of the aoe's seem to be getting high but now their are a lot of different sources of frost damage.

elementals seem to lack the same thing they've always lacked, good luminescent abilities and jakei that work well with the elementals, that said the wingmaster priest is solid in any deck so that helps.

7. Braxzee

Elementals could just use a Jakei that has a slam attack from range and buff up Ice Fisher who I think is way over costed. He can not even use pin down 3 dmg will not pin down anyone due to you have to damage the opponents champ. There are summon champs that have better dmg and abilities. Ice fisher would be a good champ for elementals otherwise

A good luminescent ability would be frozen or slow.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  8. calisk

Well any unit that gets slam should have an ability to get around an enemy so they can push them in the direction you need them to go, something like retreat or Teleport

I'm never satisfied with slow melee slam units that then push the enemy away into safety

9. Braxzee

What you think about a nora cost correction and or buff on Jakei Fisher - 1 -4 rng with drag is pretty good for a Jakei elemental combo

10. calisk

well to be honest the range 3-4 pull champion is becoming very common in st, I find it a bit boring now.

here's my suggestion for her.

so first modification to ice breaker - ice breaker : target ice or snow tile within 4 spaces and all adjacent tiles is turned into water impeding 1, champions occupying effected tiles are grounded summon 3 frenzied pirahnas randomly within the effected area. change cd to 5.

Jakei ice fisher

damage : 6
    range : 1-2
    speed : 7
    def: 0
    hp: 42

abilities:
    arctic
    amphibious
    attack : spear
    ice breaker

upgrades :
    strike
    preperation
    freezing strike

upgrade 2:
    grappling hook
    detection -3
    punish

so I didn't really design her as an elemental champ, I designed her as a terrain unit, that if you can generate the terrain for her she can create something compareable to a bone prison ability but with shorter range and a requirement on terrain.

aside from that I gave abilities that could play off low damage, like punish, strike, or preperation

Braxzee likes this.
  11. Braxzee

l like the change on the champ...What other pull champs in ST are there that have race Jakei? I only know one champ with pull and that is the Strig Leg Whip

12. calisk

none are jakei I think, I haven't gone through all the changes to champs yet but here are a list of 3/4 range pull champs in st.

swift current, leg whip, calm as raging tides, ferren ninja, twisted frost vine, and likely more i'm unaware of, most all go about the same thing in slightly different ways.

13. Braxzee

wow we do have a lot just not a Jakei :)

14. calisk

Actually the current fisher is a 6th pull unit

15. Braxzee

He does not count, 6 dmg does nothing, I have tried to buff and give him some love. He should be a 45 nora champ at best due to all of his abilities will not work cos he can not dmg anyone. Oh and funny times is against fw with curse and dread. It actually had -1 dmg. Such fun :)

16. calisk

We'll you are right that 6 won't do anything for pin but he should be able to pull fine.

But yes near 60 nora that does less damage then a dot is not high on my list either

17. Braxzee

Barbarian conscript is only 39 nora and it has 8 dmg 52 health and pretty fair synergy heal abilities

18. calisk

Isn't he a melee unit not a 1-4

19. Braxzee

He is, what would a 3 dmg increase cost on ice fisher?

20. calisk

Not much pretty sure unless the formula changed 6-9 is like 6-7 nora