Sok, Please Help KF

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by phdstax, Jul 15, 2016.

1. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I like snare fairy to slow down melee champs. It can block a charge or just make it a little harder for the opponent to reach you. It's not ideal, but it's not bad.

I hadn't thought of using nora miner for Chained Fae. Do you get enough procs normally to make it better than just the straight stat bonus?

Enchantress is definitely a solid choice. I just hate her cost. I've always thought it too much for more CC which fairies have in abundance.

I like Moonlit Fae for Encouraged on Starlit Sylph.

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

vitality nora is much better on chained fae, it triggers off of it's own procs anyway, so if you deploy it gets +2 hp.. nora miner ticks it over on the turns you don't deploy so it stays alive much longer. 6 hp from the stat bonus? that's just 3 deploys not counting if your opponent gens any nora.

I guess most fae are flying so the snow wouldn't get /too/ much in the way, but the corgi's might suffer as a result :( Not sure on that one!

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

You're basically running exactly what I am, except im only running 3 spells and I doubled up on a couple fae (Warden/Sylph)
    spells are Living vines/Devolve/fan faire

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

So I think i've found what k'thir struggles with most, ap gen abilities/ap gen spells and power turn enablers.

5. ChiaoLung

What's your rationale here?

6. super71

7. super71

What do you mean ? K'hir has the least ap gen in the game and no spells or abilities for power turns other than bullseye and hymn, both of which are extremely situational.

8. ChiaoLung

It also has Aurora Lance and Horn of Order, which while expensive compensate for the AP thing. Bullseye is awesome and hardly situational. We could use more champs with things like Encouraged or similar "build-up" abillities, but we do have power turn options available. They're just not the type that are found in other factions.

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Yeah we have a lot of set up esque type spells, or defensive counter spells where we get the opponent to over extend and punish for doing so.
    Like I consider devolve a power turn spell, after you've executed a nice turn with your champions alone, then you secure the push with things like Devolve/Portecction/Reclaim/Living Vines/Lashdown/Carn Vines for that defensive power turn.
    If that makes sense, I suppose it's just a different play-style in itself comparatively to other factions, as you mentioned.

11. super71

What exactly does aurora lance do for us ? Horn of order costs 50 nora, which in today's game is actually more expensive than some champs. Besides bull seye ans hymn what are the power turning runes ?

12. super71

What do you do for super champs ?

13. ChiaoLung

Put Aurora Lance on Dugon or another melee champ that can boost those around them. We have so many sources of Illuminate and Blind it's not funny. Lightseeker relocates within 6 spaces and gives the champ that uses it +2 speed for 3 turns.

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Last longer than the opponent and buff my units up xD.

super71 likes this.
  15. super71

This helps with what exactly lol, not trying to be a **** but where is the ap gen/power turn capabilities ? If your saying our power turns revolve around teleporting 80 nora dugon in with another 30 in equips we have a bigger problem than I thought.

16. ChiaoLung

6 spaces of movement for 2 ap is pretty much straight ap gen. Add the 2 spd and you get some front loaded ap gen. Illuminate puts the opposing champ at 0 def, you're getting +2 dam from the spear. It's not a game breaker, but it's damn good. If you're looking for straight ap gen you can always use Time Slip.

Again, what's your rationale for lacking ap gen and power turns? I was asking not to disagree with you, but to ask you to explain your statement.

17. super71

Your also throwing 110 nora at your opponent, the only time that would ever be viable is if your already winning. Time slip in today's game,come on man. What would be your go to power turn with k'thir, this will help answer a lot of questions. The only thing I can think of is hymn and bullseye.

18. ChiaoLung

Lance is only 30. You need champions to compete anyway. Invalid argument.

Someone was just complaining about this and Forest Lerper. Also, why is it gone? What has made it obsolete?

Bullseye is the easiest to set up and use. We also have several sources of soften, illuminate takes champs to 0 def. There's lots of CC options that allow you to focus fire one champ at a time with little risk so you don't need a traditional power turn.

Again, what is your rationale? I've seen lots of complaints here, but no reasons.

19. super71

You stated Soften and illuminate which is basically single target like you said, not sure what your trying to argue man.

All I'm saying is k'thir doesn't have power turning or a lot of ap gen, which you haven't disproven yet other than bullseye which I stated and soften ?

What is your plan when you power turn, soften is helpful yes but it's an aoe ability that might not hit all intended champs. I'm talking about things like quickening, draconian benediction, drain vitality, mobo.

Almost every factions has access to soften, which I wouldn't consider a power turn ability. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree because I'm not gonna argue when your not saying anything and repeating the same things.

Even a simple lexicon + living vines would have been a better example.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Soften is definitely a power turn ability. Just my two cents.

Karmavore likes this.