SP/UD Beasts

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Paper Skull, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CqwC6W$iFc8aCiOCa0C4PC2BckAciDsys4@s3ys8fSAsDs82r2Yr3TrOe1f

The deck has been working much better than I expected. The major problems I have are against strong or consistent ranged, but the deck flows wonderfully.

Moga Cannons have Artillery, which heals Bunny Lords and Magma Bunnies for a lot each turn, and won't hit the Skitters (and occasionally Zoalt.) 4 sources of Deep Wounds, and I'm temped to trade Zoalt out for a Hraken. Warmandrils have Pack Mentality, which works pretty well on the Fire Giant, but I think I'd like to switch him out.

The MVP's right now are the Warmandrils and the Mountain Lions. Pounce gets around most damage mitigation, and they're usually stacking between 15 and 20 damage each.

I'm wondering, I run Intimidate and Boost:Beast on Bunny Lord. Is Camaraderie worth more than Intimidate? I also don't play a ton of UD, so I'm curious about my spell choices.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Lower beasts of sheoul instead of cavernspawns. They are horribly overcosted and the beast will help you with range and they have fire acolyte and alt damage.
    You may want to include things to increase your threat range, like vicious harpoon or alacrity.

3. Destorum

Destorum I need me some PIE!

camaraderie is 100% worth more than intimidating cause most of the time when bunny lord gets taken out its going to be by range and the only time you want to let bunny lord get into melee its for a swarm

4. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

how's Fire Giant doing in that kinda BG? Was wondering how good he is with Unleash and all, but seems a tidbit too expensive for 77 nora. He's more like 74 nora for all I know.

Cloak of Long Knives for Renovator/Grundelwulf Alpha?
    Doomballs? (Not sure how beast BGs will fare against FW spirits)
    Cavernspawns are too expensive for what they does. imo.

5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Fire Giant is pretty meh. He's only really impressive on the UD map, because of Domain: Lava. I've moved him out for a Lower Beast of Sheoul. He's no better than Mountain Lion.

I tried dropping the Cavernspawns, and I regretted it. I agree that they're too expensive, but they set up Deep Wounds awfully well, and in a deck full of beasts, they're getting a good 10+ ap a turn. I agree it's a bad decision, but it's a fun one. I'm trying to get a Hraken, but there isn't any I can find for trade. I've also entertained the idea of adding The Exile and Hyeanid Witchdoctors, though that may be a bit much.

Doomballs would be lovely, but I can't afford one. I am missing the magic damage though. I'll take a look at the cloak, that could be interesting.

6. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I agree cavernspawn can be extremely crucial in a UD/SP Beast BG I wouldn't take him out. He is overcosted in absolutely any other BG but this one out of personal experience with a similar BG you wan't cavernspawn.