Spikewood and Tanglefoot... again...

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gorebucket, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I'm sad that Tanglefoot and Spikewood have been left in such poor states for so long. Once upon a time they were both awesome in their own ways. However, Tanglefoot didn't get much in the way of adjustment when he lost Flurry. The crowning insult is that he kept Pariah, leaving him an unsupportable 40 HP piece of glass with 6 damage. Spikewood, on the other hand, used to do everything -- now he does nothing. He's basically Tanglefoot without Multiattack for 80 nora. He lost everything in the revamp so he could keep Equip Seed, an ability that clearly is not valuable enough for anyone to actually use him. Having Equip: Expensive Equip That No One Uses on Inferior Version of Champ No One Uses for 80 Nora is as full of fail as I am of sorrow for the plight of these two champs.

My humble wish for Tanglefoot is pretty much as it was the last time I posted: Lose Pariah / Gain Stealth

Gnarlwood Tanglefoot

Remove Pariah (+5 Nora)
    Add Skirmisher (-2 Nora)
    Change Multiattack 3 to Multiattack 2 (-3 Nora)
    Add Hidden Vegetation to Upgrade 2.

This is a modest buff. It makes him supportable and able to hide like the rogue he is for the same cost. You could have a whole little Hidden: Vegetation thing going on with Frond and Mama Frond. I don't have an explicit request for Spikewood beyond ditching the 20 nora sandbag in favor of worthwhile abilities and/or stats.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Spikewood Abomination
    Remove Equip: Seed (-20 Nora)
    Add Plant Regeneration 3 (+6 Nora)

Use the leftover nora to give the champ the stats to define its role. The abilities seem to be harasser/tank, but there's not enough damage to justify it being a harasser and not enough defense to justify it being a tank.

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

It's funny how ambling frond is about 200% better than spikewood.

Gorebucket likes this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Equip: Seed of Potential is kind of weird. It totally makes sense that a champion should pay a decent amount of nora for an equip that it comes into play with. In this circumstance, however, the equip has little to no synergy with the champion. Spikewood Abomination is paying somewhere around 20 nora for Trail: Vegetation and Regeneration 3 (which, added together cost 10 nora). The equip can be dropped for Font Defender but if you are lucky enough to keep the font you need to deploy something that can actually fight because Spikewood Abomination can't.

I'd like to see it gain Equip: Shield of Thorns, Evasive 3, and a Provision ability (some of these in upgrade spots, not base). It would be like a less troublesome, less powerful, Pincushion.

ChiaoLung, chris0024 and Gorebucket like this.
  5. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Spikewood Abomination
    Nora cost: 58-69

9, 6, 1-2, 1, 44 (41 nora)
    Attack: Physical (2 nora)
    Nature's Connections (4 nora)
    Take Root (2 nora)

UG1
    Damage Shield 3 (3 nora)
    Spike Nova 3 (6 nora)
    Petrifying Gaze (10 nora)