ST Crystals BG Help

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by themacca, Oct 1, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

These things are cool. no pun intended, need an excuse to use them.
    Anyways how are you guys running your jakei elemental BG? Do you use elemental nexus and orb of frostfall? or is arctic gift generally better. Rimeweavers? what upgrade do you run on whitestar?

[​IMG]

(CBF taking another screenshot, those 3 runes covered up are whitestar, jakei shaman and arctic Wail)

Any help is greatly appreciated folks.

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Well, how you build your bg depends on whether you want to go frost amp + elementals or a dedicated nora gem deck. Right now you've got a mix of both, which is less successful in my experience, because you dont have enough amp/frost damage to really do anything, and you don't have enough nora gems to benefit fully from that either.

The frost amp version I have less experience with, but you want to run things like ice shard and amp the damage from rimeweaver, elemental core, and whitestar. Seems pretty good, but i'm not a fan because it doesn't play the same as crystals- its basically a regular frost amp deck with elemental flavour.

Crystals take practice to position properly, but are extremely fun to master, and pretty strong too.
    Crystals1.jpg
    This is what I've been running as my main deck for the season (Sitting at ~1400 rating right now). The only non-nora gems are glacial titan and elemental core, so it falls into the pure nora gem archetype. Basic gameplan involves deploying the crystals that are strong early, like slag and crawler, then building up a mass of champs that stack abilities with each other, while picking off enemy champs with gale force and swap. I don't think any other deck can match the power of a fully-deployed crystal bg.

For jakei, I always use maiden because she is so cheap and has cleansing aura, heal mass and dispel. Shaman has surge and leverage for maximum efficiency and damage.

I don't run rimeweavers because they don't have nora gem. I don't run elemental nexus because I don't run rimeweavers, and I don't have any room in the deck for snow gen.

Mirrored shield is pretty good, but I don't like relying it when so many bg's and factions have spot equip removal.

K'aeyun is an amazing ranged champ, and the best target for pilgrimage+furry hat. I usually only deploy her early against slower, non-rush decks because she needs time and safety to ramp up fully. She is safest behind 3-4 tanky crystals. Endless iceberg and cloak of ice are there to proc savage exploit.

Double phoenix because its actually threatening with acid+eviscerating+deafening luminescence. I run one with immortality and one with frost aura.

Double arctic wail to cheese FW. Also heals the endless iceberg because it has ice eater.

Fun Fact: the paralysis can be cleansed from the crystallize spell, giving a champ 6 turns of invulnerable+shielded

Halberd of J'thir is auto in every ST deck I make. Lets me just ignore reflexes/evasive/dodge completely.

I usually only deploy a jakei when I have 2-3 nora gems on the board, it works much better than nora gem > jakei > nora gem because you benefit from endless devotion on 2-3 champs when the jakei gets deployed. Also, maximize nora gem efficiency by minimizing jakei deploys and deploying a variety of luminescence types.