stitched hex doll granting depression

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by DiCEM0nEY, Feb 1, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

does not say anyone in text

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Fixed for next patch.

3. DiCEM0nEY

The text or the ability itself? Seems only used for the shielding on serkan. Depression itself ends up working against the user

4. Sokolov

Fixed the equipment.

5. Sokolov

That said, Depression is actually often useful on melee in a more ranged centric deck since you just rush in. Symmetrical effects are usually more beneficial to the owner.

6. DiCEM0nEY

I don't play witches, but I see it used (including by myself) in high elo matches on serkan, since things like vertical push, fading recollection, reforge, etc destroy him if you don't. Not that you should play a serkan vs SL anyways since one cast of that SL spell which makes teleporters lose all AP is game ending anyways.

7. Sokolov

I was speaking about Depression generally.

And it seems a bit hyperbolic to claim that Planar Dissonance vs Serkan is literally game ending. I assume you mean Planar Dissonance.

Like many hidden spells though, it is quite powerful in the right situations, but good players will also anticipate when these might be played, and not let one single trigger of those types of effects ruin their entire match.

8. DiCEM0nEY

I don't really run Serkan in part because he doesn't seem to give a high enough risk reward ratio, especially for a newer player like me where these effects are harder to anticipate.

However, that being said, I have seen much higher elo players than me lose to this spell with a Serkan in late game scenarios. When each player has ~5 champions deployed, there is no way to tell if a player has a bank of 50 nora, or if he played a spell. You could argue "don't let them get there", or "this shouldn't happen". Which may be the case, but from the match I was watching, it wasn't like the skeleton / serkan player played bad or anything (it was high elo).

The best way I find to use Serkan is to single/double repurpose him, with an opponenent faction related equip and go from there. But like I said, I don't run Serkan personally, so IDK.