Stuck in launcher loading screen

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kratosh, Sep 21, 2014.

1. kratosh

kratosh New Member

Everytime I launch Pox to play, it gets stuck in the loading screen. The screen before it asks for login. All my drivers are up to date. I have uninstalled/reinstalled 6 times. Turned off my firewall through msconfig. Any clues? Specs are AMD Athlon 1.6ghz / 4gb ram / nvidia nforce onboard 6150se. Its an older machine Ive been tinkering with.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Did this just start happening? When was the last time you played the game without this problem?

3. kratosh

kratosh New Member

Its happened since the first time I installed Pox on this computer. I finally got it to run in XP compatibility mode, but it's so ridiculously slow that I cant even play.

4. Senshu

It could be that too much of your ram or your processor is being used up by other processes. You might want to check how much is being used before you launch Pox and After you launch Pox. Also we have upgraded the system requirements because we are using OpenGL 2.1 you might want to check if your video card is compatible. It could be that Pox has become just taxing enough on your old laptop that it is right on the cutoff line for system specs.

5. Senshu

I just helped someone else out who was having a similar problem. Is your laptop's screen aspect ratio 16:9 or 4:3? Go to the options menu and change the aspect ratio to Legacy then relaunch the game client.

Let me know if that makes a difference for the performance.

I did some digging around for your video processor and I think you got the designation mixed up. What I did find was GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 openGL and though I couldn't find if it was fully compatible with OpenGL 2.1 it is very likely that Pox Nora may be too much for that card to handle but still try the Legacy aspect ratio.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  6. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

t just started happening to me when my client updated to the new interfaces

7. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

nvm i just had to adjust my computers resolution to lower

8. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

same problem here since update of UI. Seems like alot of ppl experience this pls fix °_°_°

9. Senshu

Anyone having this problem please post your actual desktop resolution that you have your set for your monitor.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

1024x768 (native for my screen)

11. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

1152 x 864... not working

Changed it to 1280x768... now it works. Ofc, my monitor is 4:3, so the game is too small to play it comfortably.

Please, fix this bug!!

12. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

having the same issue on my computer (not laptop). 1024x768 in 4x3 apparently and that is the highest I can go on the 15 inch monitor I have. Changing my monitor settings to 800x600 is a possbility of course but it doesnt fix anything but gives me cancer.

should note that this problem only occured after the latest patch. worked fine before.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Yeah, increasing resolution up 1024x780 allows the game to come up.

In the ingame options there isn't any 4:3 resolution to choose, since it's default widescreen 16:9 or legacy 10:7

Choosing Fullscreen Windows (not ratio option) doesn't work either.

14. Senshu

Thanks everyone at the moment there is some issue with the game not liking the 1024x768 screen resolution until we are able to fix this try setting your monitor to a different resolution.

GlassKiwi likes this.
  15. AmmonReros

and if you cant? ...

16. Senshu

You can't change the desktop resolution in your video settings for your computer?

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Going up the native resolution doesn't looks ok... Doesn't work as a temporary fix.

18. Senshu

Legacy also has 4:3 aspect ratios too. You need to be out of full screen to select a different resolution.
    Have you tried setting your native resolution to 1280x1024?

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

When I set my res over my native (1024x780) I can log in and change ingame settings, but out of fullscreen I can only choose between Legacy (10:7) and Widescreen (16:9).

Native resolutions cannot be changed, they are given by the monitor max pixels. When you set it higher, some pixels are not shown so it looks blurry, and out of scale.

20. AmmonReros

like I edited in my first post here I can either have 1024x768 or 800x600. In both cases it does not work.
    My monitor is rather old I'd guess with at least 5 years on its back and only 15 laughabale inches.

Getting a new monitor just to play a game that I could play before does not seem like the answer to me. Especially considering that there may be new players with the same "hardware problem" as I.

Quoting from microsoft website about native resolutions. read it all and note that below 19 inch monitors, like mine, dont even get named.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014