Suggested changes for Circadian Templar

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Morrack, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Morrack

Morrack New Member

Hey there,

Returning old-timer here :).
    First of all, to the devs: I love the recent changes in PoxNora, such as stimulating ranked play, tournaments, patches etc, keep up the good work!
    Now there's one rune that used to be very cool and flavorful, but sadly it has been adjusted - from my point of view - to a somewhat mediocre rune. That is indeed the Circadian Templar.
    Originally it had abilities such as Scale Armor and Throw Spear, and though I understand that runes can be changed over time, I'd like to make a suggestion how to make him a bit more flavorful again.
    - Remove Rebuke: the ability does not only seem mediocre to me, it doesn't seem very fitting for the rune as well (a warrior-like character doing ranged electricity damage somehow?). It could be a possible upgrade, but please don't make it a mandatory one. Since his range has been cut from 1-2 to only 1 and he has no abilities that actually make him mobile enough to compensate for this loss, I suggest giving him upgrade possibilities such as Dive or Throw Spear instead. Other suggestions are welcome, but please consider removing Rebuke as a mandatory upgrade.
    - As an alternative to the above, change his range to 1-2 again, so he has at least some way to avoid melee combat in certain situations.
    - A small change, but it seems fitting nevertheless: change Attack: Physical to Attack: Spear. After all, that IS what he carries.

So, these are actually pretty minor changes, but I think these would fit the rune.
    Curious to hear how other FS players think about this, and any devs if you read this :).

Xzablaz likes this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I think hes ok currently as a simple tank, Defensive Stance allows him to be a bit tougher. Fellowship is pretty good. He doesnt do much other than soak damage, but he can deal quite a bit of damage with his high speed and high damage with circadian resurgence, loyalty or aquatic armaments. I do agree that Rebuke is somewhat boring even though it is good in right situations and it is taking up a whole upgrade path. 1-2 range would give him a little more threat. Throw Javelin would be nice but Mirefolk have plenty of range already, depends how Sok feels about that. I dont know, i think hes ok.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

In my opinion, keep Rebuke 3 as an upgrade then replace the other 2 options, or 1 option, with something that allows him to tank more.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Rebuke can be quite a fun ability. I have a fun BG built around rebuke, punishing aura and invigorate. Don't throw it away just because it looks boring.

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the berserker pirahnids really suck, itd be nice if they didnt.

6. Anima26

I dont recall throwing it away, i even pointed out that it is good in right situations, i just said its a fairly boring ability, which is just an opinion and isnt about its strength.

7. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. I was just trying to express my own opinion that it's not boring as it can be used creatively.

I've got no problem with removing it or putting it on an upgrade path for thematic reasons, but I wouldn't want to see it changed only to try and make room for "less boring" abilities.

Also, I don't know about its strength. The BG I have it in is just for fun and probably not competitive.

8. Anima26

No worries. I always hate facing Rebuke champs when i play FS, Pygmy Hippo Stampede doesnt like it. SPs Avatar has Rebuke 8 iirc, makes PHS useless. I think making Rebuke 3 one upgrade and giving him a different option might be a good idea, but ill still run him as he is if he doesnt get changed. Like u mentioned, Rebuke has its uses, its not like its useless or anything. Its also only +2/3/4 nora so its keeping his cost down a bit, i wouldnt want to see him cost much more than 71/72 nora for a bland melee tank.

9. Anima26

Well he did get changed at least. He got Rebuke 3, Detection and Shatter (which i feel is a redundant upgrade with Merchant having no choice but to take it). Im running him with Detection over Rebuke 3, glad Mirefolk have a solid Detection champ now. I didnt like running Shamfie.

10. Morrack

Morrack New Member

Wow!!! Indeed! Such changes, and that on such a short term: a really pleasant surprise! :)
    I really like the addition of Detection on him, certainly will run him with that now.
    Thanks devs! You rock ^^.

Cinder405 and Anima26 like this.