Suggestion: Dark Messenger

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fikule, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Just thinking he doesn't really fit in a deck atm. So I was considering an addition to a soul tap BG as an offensive unit.

Here's what I'm thinking:

BASE STATS
    Nora: ??

Damage: 7
    Speed: 6
    Range: 2-5
    Defense: 0
    Health:

BASE ABILITIES
    [​IMG]Attack: Magical
    This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.

[​IMG]Boon of the Undead
    This champion has Immunity - Disease, 40% Poison resistance, and Fearless. When this champion recovers a nora globe, you gain an additional 20% nora.

[​IMG]DetectionRank 3
    Eney units within 5 spaces lose Stealthed and enemy traps within 5 spaces are revealed.

Rover: Elusive
    This champion has Elusive when it is not within 5 spaces of a font or shrine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Flight
    This champion is Flying (This unit ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by terrain and may move across chasm spaces without dying. This unit has two additional ranks of Sentry and is immune to the effects of Lumbering unless Grounded).

Soul Feast
    This champion deals 50% more damage to Soultapped champions.

Soul Siphon
    When a non-summoned, non-illusion champion dies this unit gains 5 HP (maximum 100) and +1 DMG.

[​IMG]Vulnerability: Electricity
    When this unit takes Electricity damage, that damage is increased by 40% (after DEF).

UPGRADE ABILITIES
    [​IMG]Immunity: Magical
    Magical damage that would be dealt to this unit is prevented.

[​IMG]Essence Capture
    When this champion deals damage to a champion on an attack, you gain nora equal to 30% of the damage dealt.

[​IMG]
    DetectionRank 3
    Enemy units within 5 spaces lose Stealthed and enemy traps within 3 spaces are revealed.

[​IMG]Stat Bonus: DamageRank 3
    This champion has +3 DMG.

Basically he would work as a build up champion. When clear of shrines and fonts he has Elusive for his low base health. This slowly becomes less of an issue and more champions die.

As his damage boost he uses Soul Feast. However, he has no way to apply Soul Tapped himself to offset his damage potential.

Right now I think it could work as an idea, having him be vulnerable early on, and become a powerhouse as the game progresses so long as he has someone soul tapping.

Not sure about the cost, but I think the best comparison is the Rip Witch, who stacks her own debuff and performs counterattacks and rends.

I was also considering dropping Soul Siphon in favour of trying to make a champion with very little health that takes very little damage.

Possibly a mix of Rover: Elusive, Bold and something else?

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

This suggestions for the Dark Messenger has gotten some good support from FW players before:

-5 nora and add this new ability:
    Familiar:When this champion is within 6 spaces of a friendly champion with Class: Witch it gains all 4 of it´s upgrade abilities and Elsarin Coven
    Friendly champions with class: Witch within 6 spaces of this champion has +2 defence. This does not stack

3. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

That does sound nice, but with 39hp doesn't that still relegate him to being a passive buff for quite a bit of nora?

Just thinking he might need something to let him go in. Like Guarded: Witch or similar. (maybe reducing his health even more, and swapping out the Immunity upgrade for something more synergistic with an assumed invul or dead champion :p)

Mostly I just want this guy to be usable and fun. He was one of my favourite champions early on when you could use the forge to make him a monster :p

4. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Offcourse he is a tad weak with low HP, but he has an immunity and is range with good speed. And with all 4 upgrades i think he would be ok at current price-5 nora.