Summons/Pets/Clones and Counters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by belalugosi, Jan 31, 2021.

1. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

Every faction needs some way to deal with summons/pets/clones more effectively. There should at least be some option to include to counter this playstyle.

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Every faction has at least 1 Sever Summons champ. Some factions have Disbelief. Some factions even have both. You've also got Ritual abilities, and more outlandish abilities like Raven Tongue and Provision: Utility. You can also Swarm them, use them as knockback blocks, suck them up with Spirit Harvest, and some factions even have spells that specifically counter summons.

There are plenty of ways to deal with summons.

Bushido likes this.
  3. belalugosi

belalugosi The King of Potatoes

I appreciate the advice, however, while I might agree that some of these options are viable (others really are not) some factions have effective tools to counter while some have very meager ability and thus the reason I made the above statement.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

And why don't you elaborate?

5. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Honestly a lot of factions have anti summons, they just aren't inherently obvious that they work.

Life siphon for example is something that I consider an anti summon. Any sort of defense + (especially with low cost healing) is an anti summon.

Sp, is, fw, sl, all have best in class anti summons.

St has - speed which can make summons nearly useless, and ud (had) pincushion. Ud also has nefari messenger, tons of high damage aoe, plenty of scaling through maxx, and generally lots of ways to deal. St probably has something else too tbh.

6. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I believe Shattered summons needs to be CD2 or do more damage....Bring back aggressive ability...

7. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

honestly summons are kind of weak right now imo. Not just saying that to be argumentative. Shatter summoned is a bit weird... it's actually fine where it is, but only because it can target things like relics etc that no other anti summon can. I would suggest more damage , aoe centered around the unit that casts, and more aoe. it shouldnt be a ranged spell imo.