The Laboratory - Poxnora Creative BG building Guild

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by MaruXV, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

That's pretty cool. Have you considered abusing some of these runes:
    - Silent Master (Fury of a Thousand Strikes resets attack chains)
    - Quickening (will probably be free after the nora gen)

and including units with abilities that cause free basic attacks like:
    - Barrage / Pummel
    - Sentinel
    - Assault
    - Ballista Assault Mode

2. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Well, Fury of a Thousand Strikes only triggers on champions of the same race or class. This would make Soul Frost a decent wildcard slot in Ferren or Monk decks, but unviable for my Snaptooth variant. SL/ST with Soul Frost is interesting in theory, but looking at the champion lineup there doesn't seem to be much synergy between the Multiattack units. The best option would probably be to make a superchamp deck focused on Aspect of Violence, with Soul Frost to provide the nora gen for spell spamming and Chrono to reduce the cooldown on said spells. However since superchamp decks don't tend to deploy much, you would be gaining fewer charges overall, and Chrono would likely be regulated to a Haste bot. Sentinel, Assault, and Ballista Assault Mode work; Soul Frost gens nora on basic attacks only, which those three abilities are, although they are more reactive in nature rather than proactive, which is the real strength of Soul Frost.

It also just occurred to me that I could add a Nora Freeze module to the deck. Nora Freeze prevents all nora gen from shrines, fonts, and abilities for 3 turns. However Soul Frost grants a condition effect (you can see it in the condition bar under your champion's abilities), and that condition is provided by a spell. Thus, with enough charges on Chronomancer, I could theoretically shut down all of my opponent's nora gen while still having Soul Frost to generate my own nora. It would likely be a heavily late game focused tactic, since I would need Soul Frost on quite a few units to generate enough nora to survive on, but still feasible if I manage to snowball early. Something to consider I guess.