Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This set of theme adjustments will be slightly different than the other one.

This is largely because unlike some other theme, the Maljaran races work together in a way that's fairly cohesive most of the time, perhaps with the exception of Leoss.

In any case, the goal of THIS set is to simply adjust the runes so they are, on the whole more meta viable.

Leoss

Tortuns
    Stitched

• Stitched Librarian - Detection to base; Adjust upgrades to allow for Shatter and Teleport build?
    • Stitched - Large Stitched drops 2 remains
    • Meld: X - Destroy target Stitched Remains or Stitched champion within 3 spaces. The next X costs Y nora less to deploy.
    Kanen

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    SireofSuns, Kampel, Netherzen and 8 others like this.
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Buff magearm and merged.Remove or make meld ability useful.

3. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can you change the tortun bokor to be melee, with a pseudo-range attack ability?

Also, I need to do more testing, but I think cursed treasure is bugged, or the description is inaccurate. According to the text, the effect triggers every time a nora globe is picked, but only if the picking unit is another champion. Spells seem to not be working right now. I remember it used to work with despoil, but maybe something changed or I'm just developing Alzheimer.

Also: first.

EDIT: Freak you, Netherzen

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Leoss: Leoss are kinda based on the Maya. Very civilized but at the same time very savage. They used to be designed as one man armies which proved too strong but I think they should move back that way. Benefits for having less units than the opponent. Maybe something like Encroached where they get a small beneft per unit the enemy has more of to a cap.

Tortuns are nifty and should be more pirate ish. Pillage is likely too strong of an ability maybe reduce to 5 nora gained and shift power away to other areas.

Stitched are perfect synergy wise but need some tweaks to make people actually want to run them. More relic based abilities? Reclaim and the like? Or maybe an ability where they can destroy target remains and Stitched within X spaces gain +1 Damage and +5 HP. Over time they upgrade themselves. There should be other things they can do with remains outside making new units.

Kanen are going to be tough. I will think on this.

Zilla and SPiEkY like this.
  5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I am looking forward to what everyone come up with changing Meld.

narvoxx likes this.
  6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

For some reason Kiergana was made a 5 speed, I'll have more on other champs later but I think most people who used to play Kanen would prefer 6 speed back in trade for whatever other stats she needs to lose, or cost increase

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Futured and avichaif like this.
  7. soulmilk

Does she need to lose anything? I would be okay with the cost increase the 6 SPD comes with.

Futured and narvoxx like this.
  8. soulmilk

Suggestion to help not needing to activate Tortun's Trade every turn.
    -insert appropriate name- : 0 AP. 0 CD. If this champion have Tortun's Trade, it loses Tortun's Trade. If it didn't have Tortun's Trade, it Gains Tortun's Trade.
    Tortun's Trade : Whenever this unit successfully attacks, you gain 1 nora for every friendly Tortun within 6 spaces.

9. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

as long as you dont completely rework stitched,its all cool

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

If KF's bonus is being adjusted any time soon, it might be wise to postpone the Tortuns until then. They'll need an overhaul once FF KF Tortuns isn't vastly better than FF FS Tortuns.

Zilla likes this.
  11. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

...any chance we can remove them and just turn their code into traditional races that they encroach on anyway? Are Stitched REALLY that different then zombies/skellies/constructs etc. Are Tortans really now just dwarfs, maybe some other races, Kanen are just Moga/ghern 2.0, Leoss just Lonx/Barbarians, etc.

On a more plausible note what Markoth posted.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  12. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

1) Please consider giving Stitched Seamstress Attack-Physical on base at no extra nora cost. After Ronin, her cost went up 4 nora to 67 nora, while the cooldown of her bomb ability went from 2 to 3. Combine that with the nerf to Stitched, in that Stitched Remains are now considered summoned and can't contest fonts, makes Matriarch Sarinda cry. Or just keep Stitched Seamstress as is, but with -4 nora to make her 63 nora, because having no basic attack is a huge drawback.

2) I think that Stitched Librarian should have Detection OR Shatter, but not both. The reason is because 1 champion should not be a jack-of-all-trades champion that can do many things. Different champions should have different uses. Spread the love. Give another Stitched champion Detection, and let Stitched Librarian have Shatter.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Buff SL, I mean kanen.

14. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Surprisingly, Kanens are for the most part pretty fine where they are.

zeeeeelots be zeeeeelotin

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

make the kanen work with the hyaenid, make stitch constructs. leoss aren't good?

16. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Stitched seem fine to me, I could suggest tweaks but there are themes that deserve the attention much more.

Skeezick and SPiEkY like this.
  17. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

ban this person

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I miss the old stitched first...his signature feel is gone.

Joker likes this.
  19. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

The two races which I've played, and seen play are Kanen and Tortuns.

Kanen are fine, there might be some champions that could be buffed and probably some that could be nerfed, but you should really not focus your energy on them. They are playable and strong enough to compete. If anything, I would take a look at their supports and change them around a little:

Ritual crone is incredibly awkward, because she can't attack without charges, and she can't get charges without being attacked. If you want to change her, give her supercharged 2 instead of charged 2, OR give her death charged 2 in addition to abuse charged.

Kanen Cultist: Rite of creation at 8 nora is costly, and she seems really expensive for what she does - and her crappy stats. Reduce rite of creation nora and give her pariah/cost reducing sandbag?

Both ritual cultist and kanen crone are very expensive and their stats are terrible. Crone is kind of good because of boost, but there is 0 reason to run ritual cultist.

20. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Id like to see the reconstruction mechanism of stitched get nerfed but other abilities added to compensate.

Lets say all reconstructed stiched have 50~75 base stats (depending on the stat) and no upgrades. But the deployed champions were given abilities beyond reconstruct to make them powerful.
    (Relic gardian, merge to eat relics and grow)

This could prevent the steamroll issues stitched have. Rush them and win, if they survive the rush and pull of a reconstruction or two its likely gg.