Theme discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Comissar, Mar 4, 2014.

?

What theme do you feel needs to be developed, and why?

1. Draksar

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Skeezick

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Insects

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  4. Myx

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  5. Beasts

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Sand

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Kanen

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Dragons

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Let's have a real thread! What theme in SL do you feel needs to be developed, and why?

I'll get the ball rolling. Personally, I feel that insects have been sadly neglected in SL for quite some time now. The Myx are kinda cool, but they don't mix well with an insect BG. I think that with a couple of the existing insects being buffed we could see them around a bit more than we do currently. For example, Locust could stand to gain flying again, lose its vulnerability and have swarm to base. With its low damage, it's not going to be a massive problem rune as a swarmer, it can stand to have Diet Soften on it as standard.

Kampel and jenovah2 like this.
  2. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

I vote dragons...even though they are fine. I love these guys :p But in terms of bg...Insex are neglegted and atm not very effective

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I don't think buffs would make them runnable.. i think they need mechanics to glue them together and with other runes..

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

5. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Creep and Crawl is a good start in that respect, I feel, but there might be a benefit in getting some mechanics that specifically synergise with the SL insects. As it stands, it's just UD spiders without the various support tricks.

6. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I was promised a Skeez racial rework by no less than 3 greens. It never happened :p

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Skeezick Alliance 2.0: When any Skeezick die, they all shout a taunt "Noob Emries".

8. Kampel

joke aside, the global taunt sounds great

9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I'd say that of all the SL themes, Insex are in the worst place by far.

Myx could use a bit more fleshing out as a theme, and beasts could use a bit more love as well. That's not to say that those two themes aren't runnable because they quite runnable up at the higher levels of ranked, whatever that means now.

Insex is the only SL theme that I've not been able to play effectively at a higher ranking. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are bad, just that I am bad with them. But I do think they are at least not very good as a theme.

10. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

sand would be a good thing to fix. It is always a fun play style . love using dune walkers

jenovah2 likes this.
  11. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

Sand help would be good...just not overbuff so that it is like the snow in ST. The fact that sand is SL's thing and it doesn't do much atm would be a fun thing to look into

Kampel likes this.
  12. Kampel

SL should have the ability "Sands of time", "glaze(turn sand into glass)", summon sand elementals and stuff like that..

katanafish likes this.
  13. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about acid or fire-acid theme ? ;)

Draks and sand - my fave sl bgs. Dragons became so boring after skywin addition.

14. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I vote for all SL races to be smashed by dwarves hammers and its remains used to build constructs

15. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Silly dorf hammers can't do anything to the dragon hides blessed to the races of SL by the dragon gods. The dorfs on the other hand, make a nice squishing noise when you apply just the right amount of pressure.

16. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Yes, that noise is what we call a "laugh".

17. Monroid

Monroid I need me some PIE!

Could someone post the current Draksar BG meta for these turbulent times?

The one I'm running is so full of Bane Shift and outdated that I get ROFLstomped every single time. Even in campaigns.

18. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

19. Monroid

Monroid I need me some PIE!

20. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Dinosaurs, where art thou?