They wrecked her where the sun doesn’t shine

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

"I think we should just change TL2 to TL1 and maybe remove enlighten for cleanse or something. Sounds good right? Won't make her bad, but will hopefully set her down a notch."-Council discussion

Okay cool guys lets just give her empathy the worst Firking healing ability ever and also throw cleanse on her now. Why not. Firk FS. Let it drown
    HAHAHA I SAID DROWN

4634004+_f6a881b10141a9dd8899a85f602a3fe9.png

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I hardly used her. We still have glowing slider :D. It's so crippled transfer life balances it because its only role is to heal. Embrace the fact that we have zero power or control in how FS is changed. No one listens to any of my ideas so fak it I play weird shtty bg and dont care if I compete. I am going to accent the positive things and just let go of what I have no control over. They fawked forced reconstruction. They fawked Angel. Fawk them. I still love my faction gonna play what I want.

TeaScholar and Leadrz like this.
  3. Skullferno

WOW SOMEONE CHANGED MY Firking TITLE TO SOMETHING STUPID.

I hate how this game, full of Firking grown ups, we can't cuss like real men and we get censored or when we speak out we get in trouble.

Firk THIS GAME AND IT'S Firking RULES MATE

TeaScholar likes this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

5. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

Excuse me, I'm 15.

6. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Good time to let this game get a nice coating of dust in steam library. See you guys in a couple of months

TeaScholar likes this.
  7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

We will be here when you get back. Have a nice vacation.

8. Skullferno

I'm mainly upset not by the change itself, but how it was conducted.

an entirely different approach was done in said council pages, and then some random bukkake gets thrown in my eyes

9. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

A change to AoN was required. However the change implemented is bad. Why is empathy on the same upgrade Line as Heal mass in the first place? Heal mass is the better ability by like 100% and it only costs 5 nora more. why would anyone select empathy? that's without even considering the fact that it also competes with heal champion on the exact same line. it has 0 chance of been selected by anyone with any sense.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Skullferno likes this.
  10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

If i rem correctly, empathy = half what champ heals.

Well... Now we can have our font-bonus anywhere.. Woo

11. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

only if the champion is adjacent. which is why its such a rubbish ability. just leaves you begging to be aoe'd.

Leadrz likes this.
  12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Exactly

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I took the suggestions and feedback from both council and players, and made a change. If you dislike how this was done, you are probably going to hate a lot of things that happens, unfortunately :(

The goals were as follows:
    • Reduce the self-healing potential (removing Enlightened)
    • Make her actually pay for correctly for her healing potential (removing TL)
    • And compensating by providing Cleanse
    This was actually fairly consistent in theory from most discussions and feedback, even if the exact implementation may or may not have been specifically mentioned in a single post.

Note that Empathy is slated for a buff, but as of now, you still have 2 fine options in that upgrade line.

14. Skullferno

The main problem is Soko, that yeah she looks fine. She needed the nerf but......now people will just remove her and go onto the second best option.

She was used for her uber heals. Now people will just move onto Glowing Slider(still has TL2 and heal self 3) and/or Boghopper Shaman.

You didn't really fix anything for FS, you just nerfed her to make the other factions happy and basically got rid of her meta presence(which is her only card sadly seeing how angels were made for collection/meta) and now she is just another dust collector in my collection.

Not hating, I love cleanse, but now she is just meh compared to the other healers FS has to provide.

Glad she got nerfed, sad she is now meh. Overall feeling is like 6/10 or 5/10. Would've liked to see a model that has her with Cleansing Aura and Heal Mass without regen 3 on her base.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There is no real way of allowing her to be the best healer FS had while also being a decent combat champ with Flight and 7 SPD after Intensify. Most angels aren't the best at what they do, I'd argue, but they just have it in addition to the fact that those abilities aren't on a poor stats frame.

So sure, if you want pure healing, she is probably not the best, but we shouldn't pretend that that is all she provides and she is now just a subpar healer and has no other qualities. She, like all the angels, still enjoys what is fairly cost effective ability in Intensify and enjoys a healthy negative nora modifier.

~

I could see Cleansing Aura in place of Cleanse, but either way putting Cleanse on U2 was a decision I made to allow you to still have a Heal option if you wanted Cleanse.

drathys, Leadrz, Qucas and 1 other person like this.
  16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

How many people would have been okay with you completely removing the angels ability to attack and just turned her into a super healing machine with cleansing aura, transfer life 2, enlightened, and regen 3?

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Please dont be mad at me, but I feel FS angel is fine as is guys.
    If she gets cleansing aura I will loose any hope of playing a balanced game.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  18. Skullferno

I would try to retaliate against your remark Warfoot with a ST angel thing, but atm she isn't at all a problem.

So touche

Pedeguerra likes this.
  19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Ummm why not make her the total package just make her non combat champion and pour her into the role of a complete healer. Give her back transfer life 2, enlightened, regen 3, and cleansing aura? Is there something wrong with FS getting cleansing aura on a champion? We already have it on the temple? I see no problem with changing our angel into a healing machine and removing her role as a combat champ completely. In this way she will fill only one role and probably receive a slight cost reduction.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

One difference I notice between the pre-nerf angel and every other champ with Transfer Life 2 is that all of the others have Healing Deficiency.

Skullferno likes this.