Torton KF/FS BG Opinions

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Skipito, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Skipito

Skipito New Member

I am vagely new at the game but have enjoyed it so much so far that I have invested money and finally finished what I think is a vaguely decent Tortun BG.
    I am posting it here mainly as I would like to see people's opinions of it and what could be improved etc as well as me explaining why I may have put an odd rune choice here and there.
    Either way here it is and I hope you can give me some good advice:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CyPCo7cy...9cyFcimco8cufS3qs7ws8ws5Ws4Ks6gr2LrWr2aE2we39
    Thanks for reading/looking.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

That's a good bg, it's nice that you identifed pygmies as a 2x include.
    In my guide that Tweek linked, you'll find a really extensive work about tortuns.
    About your bg, the first thing that comes to mind is that you are lacking privateer captains, they are crucial to the success of tortuns as they are exellent stalling and have options to support and damage with some tricks.
    The most powerful things from KF are their AoE spells, mainly thorn collection, and from FS the single target damage options, with poisonous fumes, pygmy hippo stampede and tortun land cannon.
    This would be a bg taking advantage of all that:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ChYCyPCo7CyOcyDcyAcyGcyUcizco9cyFcimcufs3qs7s1aS5BS2ts6gr2YrWr2aE2w
    As you see, almost everything is focuse on killing things. Carnivorous vines can be used to get more damage from knockback, and I included it instead of poisonous fumes because it will allow you to barrage a champion with a broadside without getting him out of range of your other tortuns for example. I removed the repeater for another broadside because repeater is too costly and is too unreliable and suppressing fire can be used to kill him easily.
    Cleansing emerald instead of mist because it's instant, and removed the healing options to include offensive, but if you want, the best option IMO is including a boghopper shaman

4. Skipito

Skipito New Member

Thank you for the tips gabriel, at the time I didn't have Carn Vines + PC due to not having them however the rest of the tips you gave me have been great. thank you very much for the help. I will post up the revised BG once I have some new cards.
    EDIT: After getting some new cards all I have to add is 2 PC, CleansEm, NatWrath, CarnVines. Thorn Coll/Hippo Stamp is still impossible to get

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Hippo stampede can be crafted, and it's one of the top spells in the game try to get it, in abscence of Thorn collection, I would run 2 carn vines and 2 nature's wrath