Touch of Vindrax

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GlaurunGod, Jun 26, 2015.

1. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

I'm not much of a forum guy. Though I have a lot of ideas on balancing things, I wanted to keep this post short and only regarding a couple of changes I would like to see. SL dragons are forever my main, so... ya its about drags.

1st The main change i could see happening I'll mention first. I'd love to see "Touch of Vindrax" changed to a "cast on friendly dragon spell" rather than a "cast and the next friendly dragon deployed gets the abilities spell." This would take a shoeboxed rune and make it a pretty great slot in a dragon themed bg.

2nd... since I've come back after 4 years it's sad to see my favorite champ Vindrax shoeboxed. A few changes could easily fix him and make him playable again.
    If it were up to me I'd:
    -Cost him at 86-89 nora,
    -Move resist physical to base and give him either rank 2 or 3
    -Make surge drag 2 an upgrade that could be swapped for execute (like he used to have) or some other ability that fits his theme (Avatar of the God of Destruction) like blood fury, or blood rage. As much as i would love to see escalating rage, I could see that being wayyyy too strong haha. right now he is just way too much or a nora investment and doesn't do enough dmg or tank like he used to. tons of alt dmg now.

3rd and last thing ill put up for suggestion is skywing patrol/rumbler combo. Obviously it was insanely strong when all drags got blitz as a part of their racial. Now I think the patrol could use a cost fix/stat buff, especially since the rumbler lost immortality. The patrol lost range, dmg, relic guardian to upgrade, hp, sunder, and farshot, and got a cost increase. Pretty horrible now. I liked him before because dragons don't have much range. I'd like to see him lose reinforcement (who cares) and get spiced back up. Even if y'all wanna remove relocate relic, I don't mind. I'd just like him to be playable.

Thats it for now. I'd love to see a few of these changed if not all. Lets face it, Sl's theme with the most synergy is Skeezick and everyone would probably like to see a few other themes.

Thanks,
    GG

2. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

I might be wrong but vinny still seems strong as long as he's up against a fair amount of physical damage. I'm with you on patrol though that rune got gutted.

GlaurunGod likes this.
  3. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Yeah. Not like Vindrax's current stats are bad. It's just that what he costs for what he is now is really not worth. He used to be auto in every ff sl bg. Now he is only really runnable in drags. And I don't even run him in mine :( I got a nice shiny gold one too. He sits on the shelf.

4. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Did this kid call vindrax bad?

5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Vindrax isn't great, especially outside of dragons. Physical resistance isn't op like it used to be. Vindrax cost alot of nora.

It could be worse though, he could be vex.( at least valdac is good now)

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

He is now only runnable in dragons otherwise you've got a surge:dragon sized sandbag hanging off him.

Not saying he is bad, but he has one theme in which he can be run at present.

7. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Yeah I did call him bad. I know a thing or two about this game. Don't let my lack of posts fool you. I never really did the forum thing. But I was the top SL player for awhile and I'm basically a SL zealot. Burnpyro or dagda could vouch for me. I been gone for like 4 years. cause the game tanked. starting to get back to where it was though.

8. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Also, vex is def NOT bad in a dragon bg. Much more runnable than vindrax

9. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

I've watched at least 5 of your games and you are a fantastic player, I just disagree about vindrax not being viable. Perhaps you mean he is just outshadowed by that territorial dragon and rumbler?

10. GlaurunGod

GlaurunGod Member

Oh thank you!

And I suppose that is accurate. As far as tanks go, there are better choices. As far as damage goes, there are also better choices. He is just doesn't seem to have his nitch anymore and I wish he did. He also is my favorite rune lol.

What do you think about the touch of vindrax change i suggested?