Tree Theme Short List

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gorebucket, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

This is just a super brief list of requests for the tree theme.

Tanglefoot - Replace MA 3 with MA 2 (-4). Replace Pariah with Skirmisher (+0).
    Reason: This allows him to be supported with healing and other abilities while also placing him a a cost range appropriate for a unit with only 6 base damage whose purpose is attacking. Pariah is a holdover from when he had Flurry, which everyone can see has been replaced with a more expensive and less powerful ability. He'd still achieve MA3 if rooted.

K'thun the Ancient - Replace Wandering with Lumbering. Lower cost of Gift of Ironwood.
    Reason: Lets him participate in battles and have better synergy with the tree theme. The scaled down Grapplers aren't much better than the Saplings they replace, but the ability costs 35 Nora and an additional 15 HP per use.

Spikewood Abomination - Remove Equip Seed (-25). Add Escalation and Vitality: Creation to base (+16)
    Optional: Replace Attack Physical with Attack Whip just for tail snapping flavor fun.

Oaken Defender - Replace Lumbering with Weighty (+12)
    Reason: A melee champ needs to maneuver into position and he easily bear the associated cost increase
    Also matches the emerging template of Small+Mobile, Large+Weighty+Melee, Large+Lumbering+Range

Lifegiver - Remove Fire Vulnerability (+6).
    Reason: Reduces its efficiency a bit by removing a situational disadvantage that provides a hefty discount on top of all the other negative abilities it has for various reasons.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Xirone, Osidan, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

This ability is honestly horrible. You can't even make 50 crystalises per turn cause its capped at 1 min.

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

If KF got more summon champions the ability could be great. As is, there just aren't enough summoners so to make it worth it. I'd like the champ to keep it, maybe as an upgrade, just in case.... or give it to a new champion.

4. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Lowering the cost of the ability would work too, though the way Treeform and Summon interact she gains nothing by having it. She can't Summon while transformed and when she switches back the cooldown resets anyway. Even if the cooldown didn't reset, who could keep track of the cooldown well enough to never let the one turn difference slip by? Can't even see the ticker...

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

The list has gotten very short with the latest patch, so I updated it with suggestions for the theme's remaining stragglers.

6. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Personally I think the champ needs more of a rework than a simple fix.

His signature ability is Equip: Seed of Potential, but it is far to expensive for what it brings, which is Regen 3 and Trail: Vegetation. (Oh and yeah you can drop it as a relic with Font Defender).

His name Spikewood Abomination, does not fit his abilities. I expected something BIG and SCARY, with SPIKES! Maybe I'm to literal. :p

6 Damage, 6 Speed, 1 Def and 44 HP ... for 80 nora. There is nothing scary about that.

Abomination (def): a thing that causes disgust or hatred.
    I suppose this is correct, everyone who has one, hates this rune. Maybe I'm wrong. He is an Abomination. :)

Ignoring his name and assuming he is paying fair value for stats and abilities.

The simplest fix for me would be to change what Seed of Potential does and recost the equipment/Equip Ability. Currently the equipment costs 40 and the equip ability costs 25. giving a champion, Regen 3 and Trail: Vegetation is not worth +25 nora.

Equip: Seed of Potential (10 nora).

Seed of Potential (Cost 25)
    Equipped Champion gains Plant Regen 3, Trail Vegetation.
    When equipped champion is destroyed, a copy of this equipment is equipped on the closest unequipped friendly champion.

Seed of Potential (Cost 25)
    Equipped Champion gains Plant Regen 3, Trail Vegetation.
    Can be dropped as a relic with Font Defender and when this relic is destroyed, a Seed of Potential is equipped on the closest unequipped friendly champion.

Edit: Since Font Defender is no longer in the game. How about Growth instead. Would fit the "Seed" name. Would also be cool with Vine Touched instead, but I think that is wishful thinking.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Gnomes and Gorebucket like this.
  7. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Yes, that would leave him in a state very similar to what I suggested. It might be best to merge your suggestion and mine. Domain is pretty much mandatory for him to have half-decent stats, so if we leave the upgrade choice between Seed at 10 nora (66 total) and Nature's Connections at 6 nora (60 total) we're left with two viable ways he can be run. Really he could use some better stats, but its much harder to suggest stat changes without knowing the associated nora costs. The stats he has leave the 6X nora range the only place he could compete for. Which is okay I suppose, there is a lot of competition for melee at the 7X level. He'd need something like Health, Damage, and Surge to make it in the 8X range.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  8. Daerthalus

Yeah I agree.

6 DMG, 6 SPD, 1-2 RNG, 1 DEF, 44HP

Entangling Attack (10 nora?)
    Take Root (2 nora)
    Attack Physical (2 nora)
    Domain Vegetation (6 nora?)

Upgrade 1
    Damage Shield: Physical 1 (1 nora)
    Damage Shield: Physical 2 (2 nora)
    Damage Shield: Physical 3 (3 nora)

Upgrade 2
    Nature's Conections (4 nora)
    Equip: Seed of Potential (10 nora)
    Defensive Turtle (4 nora)

I think he would cost around 61 for DS3 + Defensive Turtle/Nature's Connections OR 67 for a DS3 / Equip: Seed of Potential build.

I think of his Seed of Potential build (Using Suggestion #1) as an Unequipable Champ with the following Stats:

Cost: 67 Nora
    8 DMG, 6 SPD, 1-2 RNG, 2 DEF, 44 HP
    Attack: Physical
    Entangling Attack
    Domain Vegetation
    Take Root
    Plant Regen 3
    Trail Vegetation

9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I wouldn't mind paying Spikewood's cost for something like this:

Damage 9, Speed 6, Range 1-3, Defense 1, Health 53 (+53 based on Woodland Diplomat)

Attack Physical (+2)
    Spike Nova 3 (+6)
    Poison Sting (+7)*
    Damage Shield Poison (+3)
    Damage Shield Physical (+3)

Upgrade 1: Nature's Connections (+4), Plant Regen 3 (+6)
    Upgrade 2: Camouflage(+2), Domain Vegetation (+6)

Cost: 80 to 86. Stout and flexible champ at a perfectly acceptable premium.
    Playable without joining the cutthroat "Who's the best for 75 or less?!" game. :D

*Full poison damage at 2-5 range with DoT

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  10. Xirone

My simple idea for Spikewood Abomination...

Spikewood Abomination- HP reduced from 44 to 40. Equip: Seed of Potential removed from base. Escalation and Vitality: Creation added to base.

It removes the awkward ability Equip: Seed of Potential, which doesn't have any amazing synergy with the champion, and turns the champion into one that slowly gets stronger and more durable over time. The champ would also be 9 nora cheaper, I think.

11. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

That's cool and unique (and playable). I'd take that. :D

Xirone likes this.
  12. Daerthalus

Like usual, Xirone to the rescue. Great suggestion!!

Xirone likes this.
  13. Xirone

Also, Attack: Whip could replace Attack: Physical. No real change to game play but it would make that whip sound!

Sirius, Gorebucket and Elves Rule like this.
  14. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Whippitgood!

Replaced my suggestion in the original post with Xirone's. I'm pretty fond of it. :D

15. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Next expansion - attack: whip has increased by 5 nora for the shits and giggles!