Updating Forglar Swamp Public Decks

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Senshu, Oct 23, 2014.

?

Which deck you would most like to see as the next Forglar Swamp Public Deck?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2014.
  1. Defenders of the Swamp

21 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Coalition of Forglar

24 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. The Interventionists

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Floodbringers

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Psychic Poison

17 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello Everyone,

As many of you are aware the public decks have been in need of some updating given all the changes to Runes. As such we have been working together with the Player Council to put together several new Public Decks. The council went around and pulled together many different deck ideas that show the possibilities of this faction.

We want all of you to vote for which decks you would like to replace the existing Public Decks. Each forum account can vote for 1 deck per faction. All of these decks have been designed to be comparable as possible to each other and the other factions' Public Decks.

Note: Public Decks are the static decks you earn from playing the Walkthrough Campaigns or purchase from the Training Match deck selection.

Defenders of the Swamp
    The brave Boghoppers are not as ancient as some of the other inhabitants of the swamp, but their connection with the marshes are strong and they are willing to give everything to defend his homeland.

Coalition of Forglar
    While they may seem different, the races of the swamp share a common bond, that makes them all equals when the danger rises and their arms are needed to protect Forglar.

The Interventionists
    The circadian have sat idle for too long, but the tides have changed and they won't let the lesser races to control the fate of them all.

Floodbringers
    Water is the element of Forglar, and the element masters of Forglar bring with them the marshes wherever they fight.

Psychic Poison
    The enigmatic Firk have a innate mastery over the psychic powers and they understand the will of Forglar like no others, they shall fight fiercely to restore the balance.

We are open to any suggestions regarding summaries and quotes for these decks. This Poll will be open until October 30th.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    Anima26 likes this.
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Coalition of Forglar looks really good.

Sirius likes this.
  3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I voted for "Defenders of the Swamp" because when I think of FS I think Boghoppers first. Well, plus it has Drown! Second is a tough choice, but I think I would go with Firk. However, I really don't think either of these will win because I'm psychic.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I really support the idea of public decks featuring ONE race almost exclusively, so I don't like the idea of Coalition of Forglar or Tidebringers. But hey, that's just me :)
    Seconded.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Psychic Poison would make more sense if there was an extispicer in the deck. Contagion= any champ that takes psychic damage becomes poisoned 3. Also Firk Botanists with surge poison. Coalition of Forglar looks cool.

6. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

whichever one you go for, it definitely needs to be a boghopper themed bg imo, the hoppers are iconic to the swamp and need a public deck so newbies can try them out.

7. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Coalition of Forglar looks straightforward and well balanced.
    There are numerous Forglar denizens to get the new players interested in the Swamps and also a good mix of spells that encompass the strength of the Swamps.

I believe its the best deck here.
    Psychic is well done but one dimensional by default and my prove too powerful or too engaging for new players.
    The aquatic decks should never be done for new comers, its something a seasoned player has to manage and new players don't need to feel sandbagged.
    Especially when other decks don't have the same reliability in their BG's. A new player should be able to play freely.
    The first bog deck wasn't bad, i think it isn't much worse or better than the Coalition deck and i believe the diversity of the Coalition deck outshines it.

Sirius likes this.
  8. multimidia

multimidia The King of Potatoes

I have one salaman comando and
    I know not to make a bg for it

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Well the voting process is over. A big thanks to everyone who participated.

multimidia likes this.