Updating Sundered Lands Public Decks

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Senshu, Oct 23, 2014.

?

Which deck you would most like to see as the next Sundered Lands Public Deck?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2014.
  1. The Skeezick Menace

16 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. Clutch of Akakios

13 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Dragon Storm

22 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. The Mutant Farm Animal Parade

20 vote(s)
    25.3%
  5. The Unending Swarm

8 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello Everyone,

As many of you are aware the public decks have been in need of some updating given all the changes to Runes. As such we have been working together with the Player Council to put together several new Public Decks. The council went around and pulled together many different deck ideas that show the possibilities of this faction.

We want all of you to vote for which decks you would like to replace the existing Public Decks. Each forum account can vote for 1 deck per faction. All of these decks have been designed to be comparable as possible to each other and the other factions' Public Decks.

Note: Public Decks are the static decks you earn from playing the Walkthrough Campaigns or purchase from the Training Match deck selection.

The Skeezick Menace
    This Skeezick deck plays like your traditional Skeez deck. Deploy Skeez. Powerturn. There is a little funny business in there with the Fruit and Waylay.

Clutch of Akakios
    Draksar!

Dragon Storm
    A strong dragon deck focused around powering up Vindrax along with a few lesser run spells and relics that will offer some different ways of dealing situation.

The Mutant Farm Animal Parade
    This particular beast deck is a bit of a change of pace with 2 tainted statues and a bunch of relics/equips and no spells.

The Unending Swarm
    Arthropod/Myx deck that focuses on attrition. Stall and slowly buildup with tons of drones until you overwhelm your opponent.

We are open to any suggestions regarding summaries and quotes for these decks. This Poll will be open until October 30th.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Why so meta?

Cool stuff but needs more Gatling Gun ♥

3. iBlu

iBlu New Member

4. Kampel

@Senshu despite what we talked on the client, i will writte it here:
    First the name on the deck is wrong, the "Draksar Masters" Public deck was meant to be the starter one, i't not even about draksars alone but about the faction.
    Second the Skeezicks haven't been Draksar's slaves since 2007.....
    My concern is that you are about to delete this "starter" bg(which is currently outdated) which has a little of everything on SL and replace it for a Theme Deck which only shows a little small fraction of the faction...
    Again, i think you have missed the point on what should be presented to a new player.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  5. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Maybe they are voting for it because it has a most excellent name.

bClef, Sirius and SPiEkY like this.
  6. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

That's what I did.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I voted for it because it looks the most fun

8. Senshu

Since the Public Decks are different from the Starter Decks in regard to being static and can not be edited it would be a lot more difficult to have relatively balance decks if they all are using all the traits of the faction. These are to help show new players some of the deck design possibilities for each faction. It is impossible to show them all, but this will give them enough variety and will help even things out in Training matches. These aren't meant to be high meta decks, some they are a general template for players to use when starting to learn more about each faction. Everyone will have access to multiple Public Decks for each faction. There isn't just one deck that will be available.

Anima26 likes this.
  9. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Hmm. Dragons, Draksar or Snogvie...Dragons!

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Dragon storm looks good and i think new players could have good success with it.

11. Taskumatti

Taskumatti The King of Potatoes

Mutant farm animals ftw!

WraithxxV likes this.
  12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

While MFA.dek is the most awesome of the bunch, it's also the least appropriate for new players.

Skeez is decent. Draks kinda meh but there's not much more to do short of slapping 2 popes in there. Durgun basically plays itself but the relispelequip selection is rather suspect. Insex, like MFA, might be a tad too "advanced" for it's own good.

Honestly I don't know who designed those but I'm rather impressed. MFA looks like it's gonna win but Skeez or Durgun might be a better choice.

Anima26, Woffleet and Kampel like this.
  13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

See that's what I meant, a Statue/Boost/no powerturn deck is the least SL thing ever. There's not a single 80 nora 6 spd phys melee champ in there. How are you learning SL with that?

Anima26, SPiEkY and Kampel like this.
  14. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I believe the intent is for there to be multiple decks per faction that make it into the game, giving an assortment of flavors that can be sampled.

And as to some of the spells/equips for stuff. The thought was to keep any of them from being too meta-ish.

Woffleet and Senshu like this.
  15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

So if I'm reading between the lines, you made those?

Kampel likes this.
  16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Yes, I am responsible for these decks. Unless you are of the opinion that they suck, in which case either burn or dagda did them.

Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

lol

Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  18. Senshu

To add this is to see which ones the players think would be best for new players. We reserve the right to decide how you players will get each one. Ideally, we would like too choose the deck with the higher amount of votes and is best in representing the faction. Right now Skeezick, Dragons, and Beasts are the front runners. So with one of them as the unlock from the Walkthrough and then the others as additional an unlock. It all depends, but this is to give all of you a say in what you would like to see represented.

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

they're all trash omg who made these jesus wow who voted for this guy

love you movn

realtalk, the important thing here is just not to limit the options given. it's fine to start the player on one deck or another, but SL lives on its themes. it would be difficult for me to express the number of people i've seen who come in all hyped about the dragons but want to have nothing to do with any other part of the faction for quite some time, or who are really into the offbeat skeezick or insects or whatever but are turned off by the traditional dragons or lizardmen

or so on

offering only one (and it doesn't sound like you plan to, which i'm going to stress again is a *good* thing) would be an awful idea

really so long as you get some coverage it doesn't matter too much which you get, although i would say you should probably go with the more historic/iconic sl themes for the newbies (the themes that are at the core of the lore. the lorecore)

Kampel likes this.
  20. Kampel

That.
    Senshu, I still feel you are missing few steps on the "New User First Impression Ladder" or in short "NUFIL".
    Buut it's ok, you don't need to make a big answer or try to convince me, i thank you for the one above but im just a player assuming how things work.

For anyone that want's to use "NUFIL" from now on, you have my permission, no taxes attached.