Updating Underdepths Public Decks

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Senshu, Oct 23, 2014.

?

Which deck you would most like to see as the next Underdepths Public Deck?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2014.
  1. Grimlic's Legion

13 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Children of K'lzik

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Fires of Sheoul

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Retinue of the Demon Prince

15 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Rise of the Minotaurs

28 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello Everyone,

As many of you are aware the public decks have been in need of some updating given all the changes to Runes. As such we have been working together with the Player Council to put together several new Public Decks. The council went around and pulled together many different deck ideas that show the possibilities of this faction.

We want all of you to vote for which decks you would like to replace the existing Public Decks. Each forum account can vote for 1 deck per faction. All of these decks have been designed to be comparable as possible to each other and the other factions' Public Decks.

Note: Public Decks are the static decks you earn from playing the Walkthrough Campaigns or purchase from the Training Match deck selection.

Grimlic's Legion
    "The traitor Grimlic leads an army of vicious deep elves to strike vengeance onto the surface world."

Children of K'lzik
    "They creep and crawl out of the nest, spider children never rest."

Fires of Sheoul
    "The depths of Sheoul are forever burning, as are many who live there."

Retinue of the Demon Prince
    "Demons are twisted of body and twisted of mind. Only the strongest, and cruelest, could hope to control them."

Rise of the Minotaurs
    "Delicately they shift through the dimensions, to brutally smash through their enemies bodies."

We are open to any suggestions regarding summaries and quotes for these decks. This Poll will be open until October 30th.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. iBlu

iBlu New Member

Minotaurs are an extremly fast deck, I personally use them, but they need skill to use the portals, In my opinion Fire of Sheoul is a deck more balanced for new players.

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I like how Maxx bg has the most for different types of demons, like bok, deep elf, and even some of the random beasts in sheoul. Really shows off what kind of wicked things can be found in the depths.

The others just don't really show much diversity in what you can do with UD as a whole.

my second choice would be fire as it teachers a new player how much synergy in a theme can help, IE the fire buffs and how much damage you can do when you play similar guys. Plus it is a pretty standard bg.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you guys have some awesome choices! I am feeling the spiders, fire deck, and the mino's!

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, definitely feeling the fire option, though these all look solid.

6. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Good choices here. Spiders -- Check. Deep Elves -- Check. Fire -- Check. Minotaur -- Check. Maxxarek -- Check (plus Bok Warden amazing art!). I gotta go with Fire. That's what UD is all about.

7. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Toughest choice between all 8 factions, as all 5 look nice. Plus what he said ^

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@Senshu how about a imp BG i always wanted to try it but i was never really sure how to make one
    Devious imps
    includes
    2x imp
    2x jesters
    2x strangler
    2x vixens
    2x shadow hunter
    2x needleclaw imp
    2x tricksters
    2x summoner
    1x orb of protection
    2x maddning echos
    1x Mandate from sheoul
    2x shatters
    2x demolish
    mark of sheoul
    1x retribution
    1x sacrifice
    1x Head of orsarius

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  9. Senshu

Not a bad idea, but it's a bit late to add a deck to the vote, and the goal was to keep the selection relatively small because otherwise there would be 20 decks for each faction and they would all receive a couple of votes. This way we can really see which decks people prefer.

10. chickenpox2

That's too bad but still if enough people like this idea i hope you can still "consider" it

11. Senshu

We can always update the public decks again because things will surely change after more balance patches.

12. chickenpox2

cool thanks

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

How does everyone feel about maxxerek in a public deck?

Is he too hard to use for beginners?

Would it rock campaigns too hard given the free summons?

The deck could be adapted to include other runes in place of maxx and infiltrators.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

so were we just going to pick one of these bg's and make that the new starter bg?

I was wondering why waste the other bgs and not give the option for all of these bgs to be used and have them change each week or something along those lines?

15. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

It seems liek Grim, K'lzik and Minotaurs are better than the other two decks. From there it's personal prefference.
    Maxx bg is too centered around maxx, the champs there cant realy win without him, if you dont draw him early or lose him you just lose.
    Fire is a bit too mcuh of a one trick pony, you have weak sources of alternative damage and while dirtbag is awesome, i'm not sure if he can keep the deck together.

16. Senshu

These aren't the Starter Decks they are the Public decks that you earn from playing Walkthroughs. There are currently 2 public decks for each faction. We are doing this to see which decks all of you think should be added or replace some of the existing ones.

17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

ah, my mistake then

18. Intweener

Intweener I need me some PIE!

Hmm.. Not sure why but the main reason i played UD in the past was purely deep-elf themed. (right before soulbleeder became popular in it)

It would contain a combo of deep elf assassins / fanatics + the relocation from the deep elf priestress with the invigoration of the summoners. I had so much fun with it <3 It is currently a lot more budgetstyle than itused to be, as D.E.F and grimlic were top priced back then.
    (with spells think of borgias + 2 fire storms, superiority because duh and those nifty grimlic's treacheries :p)

(fire itself , even though UD, was more gimmicky in this deck :p)

plus .. you know nice to look at.
    Grimlic's chicks all the way!

19. i am the biggest fan of the demon prince BG and would like to see the mino BG be the buy for 1000g as it is a specialty theme, unless there is a possibility of there being three BG's per faction for variety then i would love to see the fire BG

20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The minotaurs seemed by far the most fun imo, so I voted for them.