Valdaci Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kampel, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Valdaci Replica Smuggler or Valdaci Replicator or whatever sounds best (SL/IS)
    Art:
    a Valdaci draksar (resembling draksar forerunner/explorer with mechanized parts) Raiding a tomb. The weapon color/glow/effect should reflect the basic attack type.
    Text: -"After several looting attepts the Valdaci's Guardians adopted the policy of not keeping the treasures in the same vault for too long and after decades of isolation that practice grew into a network of smugglers and replicators competing with eachother to see who gets the biggest treasure."-
    Nora: ? (between 64 and 78)
    Rarity: ?
    Race: Draksar/Construct
    Size: 1x1
    Class: ?

-stats-
    DMG: 9
    SPD: 7
    DEF: 0
    HP: 40
    RNG: 1-2

Base abilities:
    Attack: Electrical/Acid (whichever works best with this rune's Art.), i think the theme could use alt dmg away from Fire and Physical. (Acid dmg would help a lot SL's AcidBgs working with the new Acid Fang)
    [​IMG] Salvage Equipment (When an equip is destroyed this champ is healed 5hp and gains 2AP)
    [​IMG] Replicate Equipment (new ability) (CD 4 AP 3): Target champ gains a copy of this champeons equip if the equip costs 25(or 20) or less. Equips on this champeon are destroyed after 6 turns.

Up 1:
    [​IMG] Pilfer (steals equip from target, this unit gains that equip)
    [​IMG] Provision: Utility (while equipped this champ gains Shatter Summon, Mountaneer, Detect 3)
    [​IMG] Provision: Offense (while equipped this champ gains +3dmg and multiatk 1)

Up 2:
    [​IMG] Cursed Treasure (within 5 spaces, if a nora globe is picked enemies close are cursed and might take 5disease dmg)
    [​IMG] Trickster (this unit is stealthed when uses an ability, also gains "Shadow Shift")
    [​IMG] Bestow (when this champ dies the closest friendly gains this champ U1, and if target is of the same race it gains U2 too)

Explanation:
    -The idea for this champ is to expand the valdaci/equip theme trying to not overlap roles and adding a lot of synergy and space for combos.
    -It has mediocre melee stats and its base abilities are Salvage Equipment and Replicate Equip, Salvage Equip works great with equip propagation tactics, would work awesomely with Lasher Helm jumping effect too.
    -My idea with Replicate Equip is that you double your equip propagation speed, in a Valdaci's/Construct's/SL Equip bgs it makes Valdaci Sacrifices(from Sentry or Shieldwarden) more efficient and allows for cool tricks.
    -The main combos for this champ are between Replicate Equip and U1, while U2 is mainly to boost the different strategies.

Up1: equip based upgrades, any choice is strong in its own way while comboing it with RE.
    -Replicate Equip + Pilfer: Replicate Equip copy and paste the equip on this champ into another champ so it has a natural synergy with Pilfer, you can steal an equip and multiply it.
    -Replicate Equip+ Provision Utility/Offense: with this combos you have a ton of synergy with Valdaci/equip bgs and you can choose to make this champ into full support or full offense.

Up2: For this line of upgrades i picked very different abilities for different builds and playstyles.
    -Cursed Treasure+ PUtility: If you choose to use this champ as a full support then the added effect of Cursed Treasure and its comfortable range is a great addition.
    -Trickster + Pilfer: For more hit and run tactics, you can enter battle to counter an equip and then run away with the goods.
    -POffense+ Bestow: for a more warriorlike aproach, you just send this champ to battle without worrying too much, if it dies it triggers Bestow, giving Up1 and maybe Bestow to your closest friendly champ, creating even more synergy within the theme and the second bestow trigger is for the lulz.

Notes:
    *For the creation of this champ i took into account that Daggerpede also has Toss Equip and a combo could be made propagating Draksar Fabricator's "gift: Rifle". Dagger and Fabricator are both underused even with latest buff to pedes so this could make them see more play.
    *I also took into account that if this champ is built with PUtility it would gain Detection 3, while Valdaci Sentry also has Detection 3 base and gives an equip that also grants Detection 3 so it overlaps there but the "mountaneer" and "shatter summoned" granted by this ability is worth the choice.
    *One of the reasons i liked Cursed Treasure for U2 is because in the "player made expac" thread a draksar SL/FW which i made was picked and it has synergy with Curse and the Wich theme, so this champ could help expand that a bit.
    *I chosed to give it 7spd to make POffense more appealing and only 40hp because the theme has acces to warbanner and boost and Salvage Equip gives it acces to healing. The range could be cut to lower the cost if needed.

*Edit 1: Changed Raider for Salvage Equip, it would work great with Lasher Helm and other equip tactics. Doesnt seem too over the top now that Magnetize equip destruction was removed.

*Edit 2: i thought "Toss Equip" worked differently so i removed it and added a new ability "Replicate Equipment". I twicked it so its not op (until Ipox finds a way to break it)

@Sokolov i tag you because i know u like well justified designs :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    aseryen and Sokolov like this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I like it. Not sure about the lore fully along with the name. I get the concept, but "raider" seems off.

Qucas and Kampel like this.
  3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Yes, more Valdaci!

Who thought of the original design for Valdaci? I really like Valdaci Sacrifice, and how it plays so well into Spare Parts.

Kampel likes this.
  4. aseryen

That rework to Toss Equipment though...ofc I want it for Stonearm Sash, but holy hell.

Also if we can get a Construct with Bestow, then I have hope Trolls will get some kind of Sustain: Rock Defiance

5. Kampel

Yes it might sound wrong, for the literal translation to spanish it seemed to work tho.
    i was thinking on the valdaci society being isolated so "guarding" the treasures there became a bit pointless so they started to compete for who kept theirs better, the guards faction that kept the biggest treasure were the most powerful and after some attepts of looting eachothers treasures and stuff they started to move around the golds and thats when the smuggler "career" was funded, if im not mistaken these Valdacis were isolated for several decades, they didnt even heard about the wars between IS and SL. I was picturing the combination of Pirates of the Caribbean's Tortuga Island and the raiders from the movie "The Mummy". Like a huge series of underground caves with several temples and cities with clans, ranks and their own developed culture instead of being just automated guards of a single lost city.

Does Valdaci Treasure Smuggler sounds better?

aseryen likes this.
  6. Kampel

Flavour text edited.

7. aseryen

Ha that's great, I watched The Black Pearl the other night and have been trying to make runes based off the Pirates movies too. Some good movies to make you feel like you're in Pox haha. I thought of these Troll designs while watching The Black Pearl.

Kampel likes this.
  8. Kampel

Changed Raider with Salvage Equip, the healing and ap gain lookslike would work very well too.
    Updated flavour text, notes and explanation

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  9. aseryen

Did you intend to rework Toss Equipment? because it is

Toss Equipment: Target unequipped champion within 5 spaces gains this units equipment.

Clone Matter: Target an enemy Relic or enemy equipped Champion within 8 spaces. If the target is a relic, a copy of that Relic is summoned to an adjacent space. If the target is an Equipped Champion, a copy of that equipment is Equipped on the closest valid friendly Champion (including this one). The CD on this ability is reduced by 2 whenever a Relic or Equipment within 8 spaces is destroyed.

Form Equipment: If this Unit is equipped, a copy of that equipment is Equipped to allied friendly Champion within 3/5 spaces. @Kampel another take on your Toss Equipment.

10. Kampel

I look for abilities in qpoxdb page, here is the Toss equip: http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ability/3097
    Clone Matter is too good and expensive and i didnt even know "Form equipment" existed, doesnt appear in qpoxdb

11. Kampel

Wait, does Toss Equipment clone the equip or just moves it to the other champ? Pulsing Globule grants an ability called "Toss" so i figured TE cloned the equip.

Damn if it does not clone the equip it kinda destroys this design, my idea was the propagation by cloning not just toss equips around.. :(

12. aseryen

Pulsing Globule is a game of hot potato and does indeed toss the equipment. I'm not sure if Pulsing Globule and Toss Equipment have different abilities, I would think not, but regardless there is no copying of any equipment.

Only forms to copy Equipment are Wish and Clone Matter(Mystic Atelier and Croma Extinguisher) most other equipment abilities generate their own equipment via Nora or -HP.

13. Kampel

Just tested it, Poison Globules grants an ability called "Toss Globule", the description on the rune is wrong thats why i made the mistake..

Oh well.. then im making up an equip clonning ability.

14. aseryen

Good to know, thanks!

No complaints about more cloning abilities. It was fun for a while playing Wish in IS/ST stonearm sash, it's been fun playing Clone Matter IS/FW stonearm sash as well. Having a cloning ability in IS would be great.

15. Kampel

That would be op, the ability would be too expensive for this champ, i put a "if the equip costs 25 or less" clause, i think it should be 20nora or less, the point is to propagate the equips from Valdaci Sacrifice and cheap equips like peridot sphere or Acid Fang.

Edit: im looking at IS and SL 25nora equips and they are too good.. this might not work as i imagined :/ maybeif the ability was a CD6 5AP or something..

16. aseryen

Or limit which units may be able to get a copy of an Equipment. There's Race and Class; both can play a role or an ability could be made similar to Provision where if equipped champion has an equipment it can make a copy of that equipment, in that case "Provision: Mold Equipment" could be a pretty high nora cost.

I think it would be better to have it clone any type of equipment. Since Clone Matter works on both enemy Equipped champions and enemy Relics, I think it would be ok to clone any nora cost equipment. There still has to be the initial investment of minimum 3 runes to take advantage of the ability(except for Valdaci Sacrifice), plus as more and more equipment bgs are made there will be an influx of how players can control/benefit from the opponent running a heavy equipment bg because there will be more need to have equipment abilities made.

If anything it can be worded so that it only can clone a copy to other units with a Valdaci Sarifice ability, which is less favorable but more flavorful...

17. Kampel

Ok so i gave it more thoughts to the new ability "Replicate Equipment", i added two clauses which tap its efficiency but at the same time they increase synergy within the champ.

[​IMG] Replicate Equipment (new) (CD 4 AP 3): Target champ gains a copy of this champeons equip if the equip costs 20 or less. Equips on this champeon are destroyed after 6 turns.

Explanation:
    Any replication ability tends to be op and are often hard to balance so i gave this ability 2 clauses to bring it to line.
    1) Can only clone equips that cost 25 or less, meanning that it can clone any "Valdaci Sacrifice" or "Caroused" equips from its relative themes and the less powerful equips that cost 25 nora or less, with this clause it avoids exploits with Forbidden Fruit or replicating other too strong equips like Granite Bracers and such. The 25 nora cost could be lowered to 20 if it ends up too strong but not less because i want to also encourage the use of those crapy forgotten equips all factions have.
    2) Equips on this champ are destroyed after 6 turns. I considered too strong to be able to copy too many times the same equip while at the same time having this champ stuck with only one equip seemed a problem so i came up with this solution. Not only it helps to limit how many equips it can proliferate from the same original but it also limits the efficiency of its "provision" upgrades and adds synergy with "Salvage Equipment" triggers.

Flavour text and name suggestion edited.

@Sokolov Fixed the flavour text, create a new ability and edited its base abilities to add more synergy. My first idea was to create a champ without new abilities like the player made expac but i missread "toss equip" :( , did my best to make "Replicate Equipment" balanced.
    Do you like the new name more? Does it make sense now?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017