Vamp/Bleed bg help?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sunutsu, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

Hello I am a returning player, coming back from a 2 year hiatus, and need some bg advice. I've made a Ud/Fw bleed bg and need some advice for runes, abilities, ect. I know bleed/vamps aren't viable but I spent a lot of time and money to make this bg and want to continue playing it. I'm Screenshot (1).png a UD player so I need a lot of help choosing good FW runes.

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Get rid of a few duplicates. Put in a demonologist or two. A vampyre, and an mysidian lamia. idk the rest, vampyres suck. Maybe some despoil tho.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Probably cut a Bloodtracker or two for some more utility stuff from FW, maybe Enervating Collar or Bone Circle Staff.

4. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the quick advice! When giving me suggestions for FW runes can you go into detail on why you chose those runes and what abilities to use? I know almost nothing about FW except for a few vamp champions.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I suggested cutting Bloodtracker because you are already loaded up on melee, and that is not a specific champion that you want to have out constantly or in multiples compared to your other options. I suggested the utility equipment because FW has some good options that would address problems that the BG might encounter, and in FW/UD you probably want to be trading resources, so the equipment help with that as well. The two equipment I mentioned are generally strong utility pieces to counter Summons or provide spot Dispel. They work in plenty of potential decks.

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Mysidian laima is 2x because seminal and srink8ng sion make her an the best relic protector, which is what the theme relies on.

You'll want despoil for anti magic and curse, and you'll want a mason spire for the +10 health to relics (obvious reasons).

This theme sucks because it is far too easy to counter, and there are too few rewards. Anti heal is a huge problem for the deck, the FW bonus has 0 synergy, relics are somewhat easy to kill, supers (thirst for battle vampyre) are too risky and easy to kill.

I'd suggest a different theme honestly. Even if you are doing the whole blood ball thing, it just seems weak. Teleport blood ball is definetly over costed.

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I used to run a very similar bg so would gladly help out a bit.

Don't cut a bloodtracker, they are the best aoe the theme has by a country mile and also work as pseudo detect and spot bleed when deployed carefully.

You probably want to double up on the Golden Lamia and possibly Tomb Raider too. They are your best bet at preventing range heavy bgs from cc'ing and poking you to death which along with anti healing can be really hard to deal with.

Nefari Griefbearers are amazing support in this theme. Relieve and Dispel are both very useful in their own right but Nexus Aura allows you to pull of some crazy things with that mass sustain.

Soul Reaver for more Cleanse if you feel you need it, CC really is a huge barrier for this bg.

There's a lot of good stuff from UD so it's hard to say what to drop but I'd try and keep your FW champ count up so that you can keep as many of those UD spells as you can. Boundless Enthusiasm, Drain Vitality and Mindslicer Boomerang are all pretty nuts in this bg.

Oh and Execution order got changed so is awesome again, probably better than mobi and definitely better than PoV.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Sunutsu likes this.