Vampyres

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Aug 29, 2017.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

It's the same as Zeal with a different proc condition, shorter duration and a drawback, it could feasibly cost as little as 2-3 nora like a racial should. I also already said that it could give different stats to different champions.

Your suggestion is clearly far stronger.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Well just to chime in. Aside from effect your idea would proc off any healing and his only from vampiric

3. potatonuts

Vampiric - This unit gains x for x turns when it vampiric heals, this stacks.

Well how many of us like this as a racial to start with? We can hash out the specifics of the buff itself if necessary and then spam Sok for his opinion if we end up with something good.

4. potatonuts

hmm

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- So not to step on toes of "Bleed" but at the same time synergize with it could be something like...

Vampiric - This unit gains x for x turns when it vampiric heals, this stacks. Enemy champions successfully attacked by champion gain "bloodied" for 2 turns.

maxwell3094 and super71 like this.
  6. potatonuts

That's an interesting addition, actually opens up some nice possibilities by allowing you to proc bloodied effects without needing to take Bleed as an upgrade. It's also such a tiny effect that it probably wouldn't warrant much if any cost increase.

super71 likes this.
  7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yes and zeal is borderline op, I don't wanna get the racial out and it's nerfed right away. Vamps aren't bad on damage, what they are bad on is surviving long enough to do damage.

I like the concept though, and I like @Thbigchief idea as well.

8. potatonuts

We aren't making any final decisions here. It's just ideas to help Sok make a decision off, as long as it's within reason then don't worry about balancing crap.

It helps if you read all the way to the end. Would be stupid to give defensive buffs to champs that don't need it or just benefit more from damage. If you read the post you linked you'll remember I identified lack of damage mitigation as one of the biggest weaknesses, nobody would like to see every vamp get Scrapper more than I would but people would cry if they were even slightly too tanky.

9. super71

My bad reading on an iPhone is a nuisance sometimes, especially on the pox website. Why would it be dumb to give some vamps defensive abilities when they mostly lack survivability.

I don't wanna give them all scrapper, as you said I was just throwing out ideas.

10. potatonuts

Take Elder Bloodbinder for example, spend most of her time hanging out at the back poking at the enemy and hardly takes any damage. It would be wasteful for that kind of champ to gain defensive stats which is why i suggested two different buffs.

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Well, if not defensive abilities why not just raw max HP? Kinda fits with vampires gaining strength by the amount of blood they consume...although in this case the storage of blood and strength more refers to how much punishment they can now absorb.

super71 likes this.
  12. potatonuts

I was thinking that too.

I was also wondering about a mechanic like the Quest abilities, they could get different buffs after vampiric healing 15hp, 30hp and 50hp or whatever.

super71 likes this.
  13. super71

I really like the quest idea, and gaining max hp also seems pretty fitting.

14. super71

Quest blood- Whenever this champion has vampiric healed for 15 hp, this champion gains 2 defense and 1 damage, when this champion vampiric heals for 30 hp, it gains another 2 damage and +5 max hp, when this champion vampiric heals for 50 hp this champion gains +5 max hp, hunter bloodied, and assault.

Just a first draft, what do you think ? @potatonuts what buffs would you suggest

Greater vampirism- All vampiric healing is increased by 50%, when a friendly champion attacks an enemy champion, the enemy champion becomes bloodied/ or drops a blood globe without bleed (not sure which would be better).

15. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

seems interesting but some of the gains are kinda meh.
    also on a side note i really think its time greater vampirism's been removed off elder bloodbinder.
    right now it already makes Elder Bloodbinder abit too expensive. ( with your changed version she'd be even more expensive )
    also i feel like its wrong for such an important theme ability to be placed on a champ unit instead of a relic or spell.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  16. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

so i got a great idea for a new vampyre relic.
    cost not sure exactly maybe between 25 or 30 nora.
    new vamp relic will be between split ud/fw or just full faction fw.
    the relic will have Super71's revamped Greater vampirism,Bloodtracker and Siphoning aura.
    (Siphoning auras not needed but i wanted to give players a reason to sometimes place it near the frontlines to take care of a low health enemy or perseverance unit every now and then instead of just hide it behind the shrine always)
    also new vamp relic will have 15 health.
    and at the same time the new vamp relics introduced.
    elder bloodbinder loses her greater vampirism.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017