Vanilla Mafia -- GAME OVER! MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jun 18, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Recently, the small town in central Nebraska has become riddled with crime.... to be specific, murder. The mafia has moved in, and it must be stopped. As a member of this town, you take it on as your responsibility to find the culprits, and put them to rest.
    Roles:
    (hyperlinked)
    Town:
    Cop
    Doctor
    Vigilante
    Commuter
    Tracker
    Roleblocker
    Townie

Mafia:
    Godfather
    Roleblocker
    Role Cop
    Goon

Notes:

Doctor may NOT target self.

In this scenario, Commuter essentially blocks all powers used on him (except of course night kill).

Commuter role trumps Roleblocker Role.

I will note now that any or all of the roles listed above could be used, but that does not necessarily mean that they WILL be used. Normally I would prefer to make all roles on the linked site available to be used, but I want to make this as simple as possible, so what I have listed is the limit of the role pool. There will not be two instances of any of the above roles (Town Roleblocker and Mafia roleblocker count as two seperate instances; there could be one of each), except for goons and townies. I wanted to add some interesting rules, like having a conditional Tree Stump or adding Backups , but I decided against that for this game as like I said, I want it to be as vanilla as possible. Additionally, no roles will be intertwined, meaning no one will have two or more of the powers listed. Each role is given explicitly to one person.

Rules:

This game is CLOSED COMMUNICATION

Goals:
    Town: To eliminate the entire mafia
    Mafia: To eliminate enough town so that the number of remaining town matches the number of remaining mafia

Affiliation Management:
    Town does not know who other town members are, nor who the mafia is. The mafia knows only who the rest of the mafia members are. It is up to the mafia members to discuss who to kill privately and how to tactially use eachothers' roles.

Phases: This game will consist of phases. Th phases will start with Day 0 and continue on with Night 1, Day 1, etc. Night phases will be exactly 24 hours, Day phases will go on until a Hammer vote is reached, or for a maximum of 72 hours. All phases will be updated according to Eastern Standard Time

I posted this thread really early because I do want some feedback on these ideas, and rules are subject to change. Some people may think 72 hours is too long, but my thoughts on this is it's a good way to make people want to push for hammer votes, which I will explain later.

Day Phase:
    Voting: During the day phase, everyone will be allowed to vote for someone they deem as mafia. At the end of the day phase, whoever has the most votes is "lynched", or killed off and taken out of the game, and their role is revealed. A player may vote for No Kill, and in the case of this being the majority, no one is lynched.

Votes should be in the format

VOTE: XXXX

Hammer Vote: If a single person receives more than the majority votes, (say, 6 in a 10 person game), then as soon as the vote that gave them that many is made, the Hammer is locked. This means that the day phase ends at that exact moment and night starts. This means that the day phase could be really short if 6 people vote for one person almost immediately. If at the end of the 72 hour day phase, if there is no hammer vote, the person with the most votes is lynched. Once you have been killed by any means, you are not allowed to post anything on the thread anymore except a discreet "ouch that hurt" sort of post

This adds a bit of strategy to the game that makes the game not only potentially shorter (or longer), but allows players to control what happens in the day a little better. Mafia could use the hammer rule to maybe give themselves away, but still get a day kill off on a high profile target. Similarly, town can use it to their advantage.

Night phase:
    Powers: During the night, any player who has a power may use that power by PMing the Mod (Me) saying "I choose to use my power on: XXX". At the end of th phase, if the power was succesful, the user is given the results of the power, if the power so demands. If a power does not succeed, due to either Commuter or Roleblocker interactions in this case, the user of the power is simply told "Power failed" at the end of the phase.
    Night Kill: Mafia will choose someone each night to kill. If that person is succesfully killed (not protected by the doctor), the target is removed from the game at the end of the night phase and role is revealed.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. PurpleTop

Players:

Baskitkase
    Darklord48 -- Lynched (Townie)
    GabrielQ
    Loyaute
    st3ck
    Pedeguerra -- Lynched (Doctor)
    Qucas -- Lynched (Townie)
    Regulate -- Murdered (Townie)
    Markoth -- Murdered (Townie)
    Tangmcgame

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  3. PurpleTop

Reserved for additional rules or any changes/clarification

Roles sent!
    It is now Day 0. You will have until 12 AM EST until the next phase.

I would like you all to post during this phase so that I know you are all ready

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I'm ready!

5. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

7. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

By day, I am the town photographer with a penchant for extremely high-quality Glamor Shots. By night, I fight crime as Crime Man. People have told me my superheroic name is confusing. They say it insinuates that I am a perpetrator of crime. Preposterous.

No matter how hard the police plead, no matter how many pending lawsuits - two assault cases, three for property damage and one for child endangerment - I will not give up my vigil. Crime Man will fight crime! Single-handedly, Crime Man has apprehended over 1 criminals.

However, I am currently making tacos at home and just realized that I have no taco seasoning. I leave the meat on the stove and rush to the store, figuring I can get the seasoning and get home before the meat begins to burn.

Dagda, BurnPyro, Qucas and 1 other person like this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm ready

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm walking around town right now looking for love. Why is it so elusive? The things I'd do for love... The things I've done for love!

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I'm ready!

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Couple'a spongebobs. .. I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready

12. tangmcgame

On my way to the store, I hear the people chanting, "I'm ready."

Must be some cult activity in the area. It's the only reasonable explanation. Crime Man will need to investigate, maybe tonight, but that means swinging by the dry cleaners to pick up my sweatpants, and they close in eight minutes. Hmmm...the tacos will be fine.

TO THE DRY CLEANERS!

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Sure, take all the time you need. Overdone tacos never hurt nobody.

14. tangmcgame

"Thank you citizen," I say. I wonder if he's wondering why I'm narrating.

I wonder if he can hear me now. Look at his face for social cues, idiot. What emotion is that one? October?

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Jesus! Did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

16. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Oh baby. Let's kick this pig.

17. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Where are we? What's the location? I'm so lost.

18. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Don't worry.

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'm
    "Just a small town girl
    Livin' in a lonely world!"

20. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I swear the weather machine is broken in this town. It's almost like a concerted plot to keep it an arid wasteland so we have to import food. But this town has flare and character like no other, and wouldnt change it for the world.