Vanilla Mafia -- GAME OVER! MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jun 18, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Now Pede is trying to sound dispassionate and thoughtful. Yup, suspicion level: OJ Simpson.

2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Pede is at the top of my list but it would be nice to hear from Markoth.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Tang, I'm sorry but you are way, way off on your analysis. That, and pointing fingers so soon at me and Markoth is leading me to believe that you are either: trying really hard not to get voted OR you are a mafia member and therefore trying to get the voting on your way.
    Qucas is mainly following whatever you say, though, which also leads me to believe either: he likes your nonsense talk OR he already knows your role - and by the game rules, the only ones who knows each others roles are mafia.
    Hummm.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I didn't realize that wanting to observe the process before I weighed in made me scummy. I'll have to watch what I say more closely.

5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Quick reminder that the deadline is tonight at midnight.... that gives you a little less than 14 hours

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Considering the info above:

VOTE: Qucas

7. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Well there's been a bunch of talk, how about weighing in before the deadline instead of posting terrible music videos?

8. Regulate

Although I don't really have much of a read on anyone at the moment, I definitely don't like markoths inactivity - probably better to wait til day 2 on it though. The longer the game goes on without him being active the more difficult he makes all our decisions.

I'm putting my vote on darklord for now, I don't like his style - evasive and scummy.

VOTE: darklord48

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm looking for who was trying the greatest to impact the flow of voting, regardless of how they've tried to influence. In my experience, scum often try so hard to point fingers at anyone else that they often point fingers at everyone else. They'd likely offer up multiple suggestions and then find ways to agree (even if that means agreement by indifference) with others. They are desperate for any agreement/truce/loyalty no matter how small and their primary goals will have been to
    1) gain favor through wit, humor and flattery,
    2) create noise, meaningless conversation to soak up the attention.
    3) confusion and delay through nominations and discussion of others nominations of people not themselves.

I might be new to this town but scum is scum wherever you go.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I will

VOTE: Tangmcgame

because his smoke screen covers too much of the truth and gives other people a place to hide.

11. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Vote:Darklord48

Not even trying to look innocent.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That depends on your definition of trying to look innocent. I'm trying to look like I'm observing others to see how they play, given that this is my first game. So far what I see is everyone trying to get the focus onto others, pointing out their flaws while trying to ignore or defend their own. If that gets me lynched, so be it, I'll learn my lesson for the next game.

In my life, I've noticed that those that try to claim innocence the loudest are the most likely to be guilty. Whether that translates to this case, remains to be seen.

13. Regulate

Mafia is played by making accusations / pointing out things, then having them defended, and counter-accusations being made (not necessarily against the same person - in fact, doing so normally just makes you look scummy)

You repeat this day after day with additional information to draw from based on the outcomes of the phases - then looking back at previous posts to look for inconsistencies, potential scummy plays, etc

14. Regulate

In fact, you don't even need to defend yourself, you can just make a more compelling case about someone else.

If nobody pointed at others, the game would stagnate...

15. Regulate

Also people like me will pick up on suspicious scummy wording like this.

Town don't need to act, so to me this only makes me feel more strongly about you.

Anyway, I just gave you a quick crash course. Feel free to contribute now.

16. Regulate

I'm not sure how I feel about tang right now, I don't get the best vibe from him but I think it's just because of his posting style rather than the content.

Not day 1 lynch material imo

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Vote: Qucas

I see what you mean, in a game like this wording is key. Given what you've said, and what Baskitkase said earlier, I think Qucas deserves my vote. He seems to be defending some others, but only certain people. He also was making a lot of noise initially, which lead me to believe that was how the game was played, more than focusing on what is going on in the game.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My vote goes out to this person because they've been inflammatory and fickle. As I ponder this persons actions I think to myself under what circumstances would a good guy act like this. My conclusion was: none. The only result is that this person is scum.

Vote: Darklord the 48th.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Do you vote for me for those reasons, or because my vote for Qucas tied the vote? There are four mafia. If I'm right, Qucas, Pede, Markoth, and you. Your protection of Qucas makes me suspicious. Pede's vote for his ally will take him far in the game.

20. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Sticking to my guns. Pede isn't really offering a defense, just a counterattack.

VOTE: Pede