Voil Glarewing

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Has anyone had the balls to play this champ, let alone deploy it? Its as bad as expected!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  2. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

It -- like pretty much every other SP champ -- is a one-trick pony that relies on support from other runes or champs to be of ANY value whatsoever.

Problems (IMO):
    -it's too expensive for what it does (Blinding is 12 nora?!?)
    -dodging an attack doesn't trigger Blinding, despite how actually *useful* that would be, and despite the wording of Blinding
    -Blinding is exactly 6x crappier than Stunning, but costs 12 nora vs. Stunning's 17

So, Blinding gives Blinded condition for 2 turns. Ergo, it prevents maybe one attack per foe, but only when the foe has enough AP to attack twice, anyway.

Compare Blinding to Nohkan Do: it costs 8 nora, and routinely prevents multiple attacks. It is massively good vs. lone foes, where saving only 2 or 4 AP can easily shut your opponent down. Blinding, however...? You're taking damage most turns, and with a range of 3-4, you're spending a lot of AP just to get into attack position half the time.

Move Dodge 1 to base. Add Block 1 to the first upgrade line. Make Blinding trigger off of unsuccessful attacks, as well. Reduce the cost of Blinding to 10 because it's way too freaking costly for letting so many attacks through. Now he's absolutely runnable.

3. allyorbase

Yes. That would also help, but I think that is too "set and forget gg," for the same reason I hate Stunning. I think that ability should cost 20+.

It would be more strategic to give him a way to dodge and block as a given, and for Blinding to trigger off of blocked or dodged attacks. Then, there is a 2-turn cooldown on your activated blocks/dodges, which balances the combo. Just my thought. :?

4. allyorbase

In a typical BG, only one champ (if any) is going to have unstoppable, maybe 2. Same goes for Precision. The existence of a counter doesn't automatically balance anything it counters.

At any rate, I simply don't like Stunning. I think it is easymode, primarily because the condition lasts for two rounds. In the case of Glarewing, Blinding would be great if the unit had more options for dodging.

Which leads me to the wording of Blinding:
    There is no "successful" clause. All attacks should trigger Blinding, or the wording needs to be changed.

Anyhow, Blinding needs to either trigger off of Dodge/Block, and Glarewing needs Dodge at base, (or) Blinding needs to Blind for 3 turns and only trigger once per turn (like Stunning). Either change would make the unit runnable.

5. Vorian

I would be happy if he get 2-4 range or 3-5 range. Blinding does affect multiple units per turn.

6. allyorbase

Yeah: Blinding affects multiple units... after they've done damage. Glarewing has 45 HP and is 80+ nora with any decent upgrades. I can spend my nora much more wisely, is what I'm saying.

Now, if Blind were to last for 3 turns, or if the ability worked the way it was worded and triggered from Dodged attacks, we'd be getting somewhere. I also agree with Vorian: Glarewing's range makes him hard to use.

7. Vorian

Actually considering illuminate gives you 2 nora per attack, after 2 attacks he costs 73 nora and doesn't seem so expensive.

8. allyorbase

And to get Illuminate, you have to forego the real potatoes of his survival kit: Dodge / Deflect. Don't get me wrong: Illuminate is a great ability, but it's not a core ability on Glarewing... it's only there for flavor, clearly.