What Are KF's Best Decks Right Now?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I seem to be on a losing streak these days and have been playing Beast, Fairies, Wizards, Elves, Magic Amp, and Meta decks. I'm kind of disappointed that I'm not playing better. As such, what would you say are KF's strongest decks right now? What I've been playing just doesn't seem up to par with the decks I'm facing (like Kanen, Dragons, Moga, Draksar, Leoss, Etc). Any help from ya'll would be great. Excellent players' opinions are even more coveted!

Also, maybe I am too reliant on the certain non-champion runes I've been including. What non-champion KF runes do you usually run and consider to be auto?

Thanks!

super71 likes this.
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Inhibit power is godly. There's some other stuff but I'm sorta doing badly atm so not sure how right I am.
    I see some people doing well with vashal though.

3. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

meta still seems to be the best atm

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thats kinda the definition of meta ;)

IMAGIRL and chris0024 like this.
  5. Vess

Vess New Member

What would a meta bg look like atm?

6. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

IronStylus and Xirone like this.
  7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Try vashal or illuminate. Both very strong imo.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Honestly every time I've played k'thir lately I lose, I can't quite put my finger on it. I thought I was just playing bad but when I switched to other factions I went back to win one and lose one again.

The nerf to range hit k'thir hard, many themes were nerfed pretty hard also and small nerfs to things that are glue to themes hasn't helped either. Aka the greenhouse nerf, which was kinda making trees runable.

Also the lack of compensation to k'thir who got hit the hardest with the nerf didn't help either.

9. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

KF Decks
    Meta is 1.5 tier.
    Elf Meta is 1.5.
    Vashal is 1.5 to 1.
    De'lim is 1.0.
    Aurora is 1.5.
    Beasts are 1.5.
    Garu is 2.0.
    Centaurs are 2.5.
    Archers are 2.5.
    Fairies are 2.0.
    Wliderkin are 2.5.
    Elven Army is 2.0.

10. Xirone

What about Plants?!?!?!?!?

Also, what is the difference between Elf Meta and Elven Army?

11. super71

I disagree with d'elim being tier 1, they are much to slow against many of the better players. I don't think any k'thir themes are tier 1 right now.

12. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

You are likely to be right. I was just being gracious. Except, the really good KF players like Karmavore who no longer plays can run De'lim at top 20.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  13. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Plants are tier 2.0.

Elf Meta is wizards, archers, melee, and support elves in my mind. I am trying to get Elven Army and Wilderkin identified as themes when the public really just doesn't ATM. These are distinctly subthemes right now just like De'lim was about five releases ago.

14. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Here is the problem right now with KF and the reason why I left it for SP (at least for now). KF has little nora gen, little power turn, little champ debuff, moderate champ buffing, little melee tanks (outside of Boa), and all of this with (1) a high nora cost per champ and (2) the highest ratio of nora cost to champ quality in the game. All we have is one extra speed, which is good but not good enough. We need some revamp in our lower tier themes. All these problems are addressed mostly by our spell runes. However, spells alone can not mitigate the overall problem with KF.

15. Xirone

I give up for now. The only deck I can do somewhat well with (about a 50% win rate) is a KF meta deck. None of the themes I've been wanting to play have been doing well in ranked games. I am giving up on Pox and the forums until the expansion launches. Hopefully we'll get some good stuff and some balance tweaks then. See ya in a few weeks!

super71 likes this.
  16. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Idk I've seen Chris do pretty damn well, even with things like fairies! :eek:

17. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Please don't. The KF forum needs you.

18. super71

The problem with k'thir is they don't hit hard or tank and what they used to be good at was spell spam, and that was nerfed like 5 times. Then they were good at range and that was nerfed a bunch, and then they started getting built in speed decrease on expansion release.

Random nerfs to critical thematic runes also haven't helped.

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

:( it makes me sad when the cool players take breaks. Too many MW's not enough Xirones

Qucas and Elves Rule like this.
  20. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Wait I thought you were taking a break too?