What Are KF's Best Decks Right Now?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jul 7, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think in my case and maybe @Xirone, not sure with him because he is better than me but k'thir doesn't have that go to theme that you can get easy wins with anymore which is good from one point of view, but the other factions all have a go to theme to get some easy wins which is the problem. K'thir has too many low hp themes and not enough boost abilities like sermon, defender, their only boost hp runes are in themes that either really need them or don't need them at all.

Also k'thir strength has always been it's speed, well k'thir hasn't gotten a 7 speed champ in a couple expansions and many factions are getting 8 speeders with stasis thrown on as a drawback. That extra 1 ap from the speed isn't helping enough anymore, with the range nerfs and every faction getting tons of mobility each expansion. K'thirs biggest drawback is it's lack of power turn capabilities, low base damage, sub-par range damage compared to other factions, low base hp, and a lot of situational spells.

Chris is also a know k'thir player and has always been very good, but I've even seen him struggle when playing against players much worse but using stronger factions as of late.

I'd like to see a command dodge, command block unit elf in the future hopefully as k'thir doesn't have any unit with any defensive commands yet. Or Bane Shift just more elves with dodge and block would be helpful.

2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Hm I see where you're coming from. I don't have enough knowledge on the topic so I'll leave it at that. I just wanted to make the comment that Chris has blown me away with some of the things he's played haha.

3. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

It is incredibly frustrating playing KF right now. Not a single KF player is left that is playing competitively. The only ones that were are me and xirone and even Xirone's perpetually sunny outlook has been eroded to the point that it is no longer fun to play KF. No one likes to lose, no one. If you play any theme from that is exactly what you will be experiencing on a consistent basis. If any of you think i am exxagerrating than by all means play any kf theme and see if you can keep up with any of the top bgs.

I am well aware that factions go through ups and downs in regards to their power level during an expansion, but i feel this problem goes a little deeper with KF since it is every theme and including the meta. Even before when KF was in a funk there would be the meta that i could play or a single theme that could keep me afloat until next expansion hit, but not this time.

What exactly is KF's identity now by the way? It's definitely not our spd since it has been nerfed and other factions have more viable 7 and 8 spd champs available.

It isn't our range either, Arrowsinger comes to mind as a good ranged unit that can go past range 7, but in order for that to happen it'll be out of action for 3 turns and if you so much as sneeze at it it'll die.

For sure it is not our hp:nora ratio. Prime example are the Fae and elves and their high nora costs and meager hp pools.

What is KF good at now?

super71 likes this.
  4. super71

All my points I made earlier and you hit the nail on the head man, good post. I also think losing motivate didn't help our poor damage either, I often find k'thir is the only faction that struggles to get anything above 12 damage. I've tried elves, fairies, trees which are terrible with the greenhouse nerf, d'elim, adaptive, the only thing that seems somewhat runnable is my negative equip bg and d'elim. K'thir is in a rough spot, I don't know if the next expansion of centaurs will even help as that theme isn't flushed out enough and will likely give us more x2 units.

5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

KF used to be about speed and range. It had mostly low hp champs with low damage to keep it in check. Speed and range have gotten nerfed pretty hard (for a lot of good reasons) and as a result KF has taken a huge hit. There are a lot of other things going on as well, but I think that's the biggest reason KF's not doing well right now. There was a time that we used to have a lot of tricks and gimmicks that worked well that could have helped compensate for the hit to speed and range, but those have been pretty systematically removed. Hopefully with the new expansion we'll see some tweaks to improve the forest a bit.

super71 likes this.
  6. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

@Sokolov When are you going to post on this issue and address it? A lot of us @super71, @chris0024, @Xirone, and myself have given you enough opinion to prompt at least your time on the issue. We need some things addressed in this post, please.

7. super71

It's probably best we just start trying different bgs, themes and see what works ? Maybe their just aren't enough people playing k'thir to recognize its good runes/potential.

Personally I think k'thir received too many nerfs and not enough buffs and the last expansion sucked for them. Just my opinion though.

8. super71

I was in a funk playing k'thir and picked up fw today and won like 6 outta 7, so it's not entirely me.

Fw is also mindless though and any problematic champs I played against I just doomed too hell and back.

9. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I main KF and lately have been playing splits or other factions because everything I play in KF gets steamrolled by a great players playing SP, SL, ST, IS, etc.

I do well in lower ranks but man do I struggle once I start playing better players. And it not that I don't know how to play but more of the issues that have been stated above.

KF needs love.

super71 likes this.