What Are You Playing With?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MogaBait, Nov 7, 2015.

1. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I get asked about the specifics of my Minotaur BG fairly often and decided it might be worthwhile for incoming players or veterans interested in minotaurs to use my deck as a template if they feel a bit lost. By no mean is this the only, or even the best, way to build a competitive mino bg, this is just what I have found success with.

Here is my BG:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/Ch3Ch1ch4cjVCz2Ch0ClGCqs8dsys7Fs2Hs8fs6ls3osOsAs8@s1lr3prAr20

The two empty slots are (1) minotaur thunderaxe and (2) my wildcard slot.

I recently tried out widowmaker in my wildcard slot and it has been working wonders, especially when equipped to thunderhoof. Also, blast doors knockback shenanigans are often tricky to utilize but can be very effective.

However, the UD forums have been kind of dead so I also wanted to open up a discussion on what the rest of you may be playing. What theme or deck have you been finding success with? Any specific runes or combos that you enjoy using? What have you been having trouble playing against or countering given your set-up?

What are you running?

2. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

But you don't play Moga????

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

CAN I HAS A THUNDERAXE?
    really i stop playing UD for a long time i might start spiders haven't played that in ages

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

its hardly a theme or anything. But i've basically just been running a BG based around the most powerful and expensive units in UD combined with the cheapest/most supporty stuff, and frankly it works fairly well for me. You get great value out of rapid assault when your running runes like ireguard pitspawn maxxarek and sheoul demon. With all the relocation i have in this BG im able to deploy something pop it down to the other end of the field and do huge damage with that unit. Also deploying cheap stuff then tossing out masochism to keep the expensive guys alive is a big help too. 2 empty slots are nefari informants

https://poxbase.com/deck/ClQC3Bc7AcoZc5_c1pCh@CuAClFctGs2Hs8fS7dS6ls3wsOSArAr20eN

MogaBait likes this.
  5. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/c5tc6-C8dC29ckucy7ct-cbc3MC1ps3Ls6Gs5xS2ls3os70S5vr3qrAe24e1JE2K

This BG is tons of fun. There is synergy everywhere. It's mainly a fire BG but with a twist. The main champions to deploy here are the Fire Elementals. 15 damage and then fire aura for 6 damage. He is also 7 speed.

Next Ember Wasps. Equip it with tinder box and it gets Fire Acolyte and Fire Aura rank 3. Send it to fight along side your elemental. The Fire Elemental will damage the Wasp with fire aura which will cause Fire Volatility to activate for nother 6 damage.to the opponent and fire aura from the wasp will damage.the opponent as well with is fire aura. Total damage.at the end.of the turn is 18. The fire auras from the Wasp will heal the Fire Elemental because it has Fire Eater and the Wasp will heal all of the damage taken because of Fire Acolyte.

Before one rounding champions use Votaevs Grasp on champions to have them fight along your side for some turns. BEFORE Short lived champions die. Use avenging flame on the for suprise damage or use burnout for surprise damage.

Imp familiar is used to increase fire damage output with flame charge. Deploy it. The clone it. Equip a tinder box to it and move away from the oher clone. When fire damage is dealt the tinder boxed Imp it will heal so that you can keep using flame charge to beef up fire damage. Also it will eventually heal enough to make more clones.

The two blank spots on there for Redtippied Raptor with Fire Surge and Blood Frenzy. They can easily be substituted for one more lavaflow devourer and a cinderpede perhaps.

Its a fun BG nonetheless.

MogaBait likes this.
  6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Is thundered here to get? I got one when I got a few boxes

7. travis

travis Devotee of the Blood Owl

would it be wise to run 2x thunderaxe, and 2x mageknight?!

8. MogaBait

I run 1x each but I can see 2x of each still being viable. At that point it might just be personal preference.

9. travis

MogaBait likes this.
  10. MogaBait

Malandur is a bit too expensive for what he brings to the table. Actually, I consider him to be the worst minotaur, which is rather ironic. Not a big fan of molten cloak either, but that's more of a personal preference.

11. travis

What equipment do u prefer? and yeah i agree i've tried him and not impressed :)

12. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

@themacca How are you running your informants. Normally I'd run Trickster + Call, but having Maxx makes me feel like running him at 65 or less might be worthwhile. Also I'm running my Sheoul Disciples with Sunder + Vengeful, but it feels off. I tried Soulchannel + soulfeast, and when it worked it was awesome, but having to wait a turn to get soultap up on an enemy never seemed to work out. Last question, are you running Essence Capture or Frightful Blows + Blood Rage on your Sheoul Demon. I haven't run a Sheoul Demon in years, so I have no clue. Fire Acolyte and Fire Eater are obviously out and Blood Rage is great on him, that leave my choice between Essence Capture or Frightful Blows. I doubt you're running Fire Shield 3 on him for -4 nora. :p

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Informant--Call/Shadowspawn for 63 nora
    Disciple- Jolt/Sunder
    Sheoul Demon-Frightful Blows/Blood Rage

14. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Aside from the pitspawn and minos shenanigans, I am having fun with beasts and a cull bg. Both are very competitive.

15. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

KF IS with paladins and relics, been having fun with fan faire even though price was raised and the healing flower relic (forget name) also enjoy barricade spell, that spell let me hold some fonts and its nice because they all count as relics. I want to get a new loadstone rune so the relics will have plus 10 health. Its nothing too powerful but it has won me some fun games.

16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Champs

Altered Lemur x1
    Bloodbow Infantry x2
    Deepelf Infiltrator x2
    Goblin Cropsick x2
    Grimlic x1
    Imp Vixen x2
    Korona Bok Huntress x1
    Nefari Informant x2
    Pincushion x2
    Soulthirster x2

Spells
    Fading Recollection x1
    Mindslicer Boomerang x2
    Retribution x2
    Sacrifice x2
    Superiority x2

Relic
    Mark of Sheoul x1

Eqiupment
    Demon Shield x2
    Tinder Box x1

I am having a lot of success with this due to the combination of the stealth element, call of the hunter, cheap meat spam and soul siphon along with the instajib spells! The only champ I am not having much luck with is Korona, am I using her wrong? I might drop her for another altered lemur...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015