What do Mirefolk decks look like?

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Anima26, Jun 17, 2015.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

74 nora hydraxor looks great on paper. It will work fine as long as you can keep the water gen going. Big draw back is getting stuck in the middle of a level with no water :(.

2. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

So you would go with the 94 nora build?

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Hell no. 74 nora hydraxor or bust. It's risky but manageable with the right water gen out. With all the various ways to insta gib champs personally I hate deploying anything over 85 nora unless it's Moog resist phys3/resist magic3 regen3.

TheBulwark likes this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Pah! You're all wrong! It's 75 nora Hydraxor or bust. Cleave too good (at least on something with Quest: Damage).

Actually, I think the bug(?) of Revere: Hydraxor triggering all Quest: Damage still exists. With the addition of Hammerfall and Pilgramige I could see going with the Semi-Aqua Hydraxor in a split utilizing Revere units... but that's rather off topic for this thread I suppose.

EDIT: That bug seems to have been fixed, hurray! (I think.)

On what is surely a completely unrelated note, Pilgrimage is fantastic on Coral Creeper.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  5. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Hey guys, I have a question about Circadian Vault and I thought I should ask it here. Does the "Friendly Mirefolk also gain Regeneration 3" part only applies to 3 spaces from it or it is a global condition?

Edit: Also, do you think 1 Flood Generator is enough? What about including 1 Flood insted of 1 monsoon? (it lasts longer and it grows :D)

6. TheBulwark

3 spaces is regen range

7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I personally don't use Flood Generators much, I don't feel they are needed. I think Generators are mostly important for fully Aquatic decks. For example if you were using Stalkers, Razorfins, Octopi, and so on. Alternatively if you want to try and use The Thing or other Marsh Awakening to get the full SPD, but most of them aren't worth it (in my view).

As far as Flood vs. Monsoon... I'd try and find the room to run both. Monsoon can be very useful against flyers, as well as providing an impedement (literally) that can control a zone sometimes better than Flood (which is great for disrupting a zone).

8. TheBulwark

I do run one flood generator to be safe but maybe im overly cautious

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Being cautious is fine (at least to a point), and this might ultimately be a case of personal preference.

10. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Another question, how does Tidemaster Bandoleer work with aquatic champs? They get both aquatic and amphibious or something else?

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Aquatic takes priority over tidemaster bandoleer. Bandoleer does provide a nice water spot, but movement penalties still apply when the champion moves onto non water based terrain. For the most part the bandoleer will provide the water the aquatic champion needs.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Note, a 2x2 Aquatic champion with Trail: Water will effectively be unimpeded by the Aquatic restriction, however a 1x1 Aquatic champion will still need to be moving into water to avoid the movement penalty. This is due to how 2x2 units register terrain (if it's 50/50, they take whichever is most useful in terms of movement, though of course damaging terrain always triggers if even one of the 4 tiles is present).

Anima26 likes this.