What do you want ST to be?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Hiyashi, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I guess I don't understand the idea behind addressing things that used to be a thing before the whole game balance got turned upside down while nearly completely ignoring the issues that are bothering people right now.

Personally I'd like to preserve and enhance STs terrain and "enfeebling" capabilities and rather tone down other things in the faction if we happen to be over-performing. But I guess that's not a path that DOG wants to walk on. That nearly ended up being a cheesy pun, but I blew it. :c

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Hmm... I don't know. I'm sure the Owls are working as hard as they can, but there's only so much they can do at a time. I'm willing to give them some more time (but no money).
    If it's comforting at all, they bought this game back (I'm assuming, though probably not for very much). It's a business investment. If they screw up and this game goes to sh*t they lose a pretty substantial amount of money.

3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I mean, ice is really powerful. It slows down your opponent's champs and speeds up your champs. And Ice Storm's damage isn't too shabby. You don't think ice for 8 turns was too much?

4. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Pede we need you as council

5. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

8 turns was a lot. 4 turns feels like to little. Seeing how trees for example are being handled with kid gloves when it comes to nerfs while the thing I enjoy the most about ST is being cut by 50% just upsets me a whole lot. Yeah I'm probably not being reasonable about this. As stated at the beginning of the thread: I'm not happy with STs general direction. And that is just another step towards boring-high-HP-hits-in-face faction. So I'm just being upset about it for now. It'll probably go away~

6. Ninao

Ninao Member

I dont think 8 turns that much, mainly if you compare with other spells and other terrain gen, for exemple Fire Storm give 4 dmg more, and this is a lot for the same price, and the only diference is the ice terrain.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

AoE3 vs AoE4 and the consecuences of Ice = -1 spd enemy +1spd friend.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Ninao likes this.
  8. Ninao

Ninao Member

Sorry didnt know it was changed, both was AoE4(PS: Ice Storm still AoE4, not 5) before, and Firestorm get cost increase too, so yeap, it is ok for 4 turns

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

lol yep, AoE4 not 5...

10. daeminicus

I think they should had tried 6 turns first. Not just cutting it half of right away.

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's fine, it lasted too much. Consider it in the opponent point of view as -1 spd to all enemy champions on the field (most of the times, you cannot simply go away from the AoE) and +1 spd to all allies.

Also keep in mind it comes in part with the spell revamp. A LOT of other spells will get similar treatment.

12. Jyongri

Jyongri New Member

I want ST to have average champs but god spells.

13. daeminicus

You do forget that it already has been "nerfed" due to artic flight lost artic. So alot of our champs no longer gain +1 AP on ice.
    I dont disagree with the nerf, but I had like to see small steps at a time.