What does Skeezick Alliance cost compared to Damage Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Centuros, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Because I see it as comparable to +1.5 damage on average (it will often be +2, but sometimes +0).
    And it isn't anything better than a boring damage upgrade anymore anyway, with everything and its mother having a different ability to take its place. (Heck, on Resilient, it costs more than Loyalty, which is strictly better for this unit itself, and Warmage has to choose between Alliance and another Skeezick ability).
    Also, sometimes it isn't a default for some reason... and at least one doesn't even get it!

The problem is, it is not clear if it is worth giving some Skeezicks their racial when you give something else to others -- and if you don't give any Skeezicks their racial, it feels like less of a theme.

Maybe we need a Draksar with Boost: Skeezick. Give it to someone with Drive, and we can pretend the rebellion never happened.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  2. nytrequiem

nytrequiem The King of Potatoes

Draksars just subdued the skeezick and put them back in their rightful place. Alas, the draksars took heavy losses and became worse as a whole.

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Alliance and Bonus +2 DMG cost the same.

Weee.

4. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Well that's alright because SL is swimming in nora so we can afford to pay a bit more here and there on things.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's mindblowing that Gedden seems to fail the ball on so many obvious things when SL is concerned

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

So, you do think that is on purpose, and you try to hide your zealotism under the flag of "balance".

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's incredibly amusing how mad you get at my posts. I never said it was intentional. It's most likely because the SL council member has been messy (partially my fault). Maybe he just never played SL much and doesn't have a good understanding about the faction, who knows.

It's even more amusing how you fail every time to try and not make a fool of yourself when talking about balance. How about you let people who don't have a 51% win rate in rare league over 1000 games talk balance while you make your guides and battlegroups fit for new players, you're way out of you're league here pal.

Because 57 nora sarge and 57 nora drummer are clearly equally powerful because they're both 57 nora right? Yeah, I like your understanding of balance.

8. GabrielQ

lol, do you think I'm bad burnpyro? that's it? I am not worthy of talking balance because I help new players?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Reading comprehension please.

I'm saying you're not worthy talking about balance because you've proven time and time again that you're utterly poor at it. If you weren't on a "I hate burnpyro" crusade, you could stop posting and stop making yourself look so bad.

10. GabrielQ

This discussion is pointless, but when a zealot such as yourself tells me that I know nothing of balance, I know I'm doing things well.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ofcourse it's pointless to discuss balance with someone who would claim that Skeezick Drummer is anywhere close in powerlevel to Dwarven Sergeant right now.

You can claim zealotry on me, I couldn't care less. I've proven otherwise on multiple occasions. Best of luck with your crusade though, might want to team up with someone who knows something about the game. Then someone who knows how to argue.

12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

For such a situational, and hard to maintain buff it should probably cost 0n.

But it is an outdated abillity, and it should probably be changed instead. It's just a stupid damage bonus, yet it requires you to run a full skeez bg, and have 5 moderately priced champs on board.

13. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

its a pretty unworthy choice compared to the other options that bring more utility. the "skeez alliance" theme is bleh

14. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I always think it's a bit strange when racial abilities are optional - especially rather lacklustre ones like Skeezick Alliance.

BurnPyro likes this.
  15. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

You know, I think both Draksar and Skeezick need some design work done on new racial abilities.