What you guys think of this as a new ability?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Please give your input and put your own brand new or different ideas in. I think ST needs a new specific ability to its Faction. To me it feels like we keep getting second hand/hand me down abilities thrown to us from other factions after a couple of expansions go by. Examples (Buffer FS/KF, trickster UD, leech vitality UD/FW, Balance FW, Provision FS/SL.)

I have one....

Name - Amplified Tundra

This attack does not deal any damage and is not part of the attack chain. AP cost 3, Cool Down 2 Range 1- 5
    This attack resets the duration of ST conditions - Crystallized, Frozen, Slowed, Chilled, majestic, and vulnerable to frost.

Please be critical, come up with your own, or edit mine. Maybe we can come up with some ST specific new abilities

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I would vote it down for the complexity of code.

Not that it literally hard to code, but Pox code is a mess and I wouldn't promote hard coding it...

I would like an ability that granted friendly units Snowball.

Braxzee likes this.
  3. Braxzee

That would be a good one!

What could make it less code complex? It resets all conditions or it adds another round to them maybe. Harmless Bauble almost acts like this in a way. Any edit suggestions on it.

4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

To reset a duration, you first need to know the initial duration.

To make it simpler, it would say something like:

Tundra Special Attack
    This unit makes a Frost attack (at range x-x) (for x dmg). If successfully damaged, target unit gets Frozen 3, Chileld 3, Slowed 3 and Awestruck 3, if it had these condition prevously.

This way you don't have to know the initial duration. Although as you can see, the description is very messy and not straight forward, so I would vote no again.

Note that I discarded Crystallized since it makes the unit Impervious (invulnerable) so you cannot attack it, and Vulnerability: Frost since it's not attached to a condition but an ability. What it IS a condition is the spell Howling Wind but you don't want to merge spell conditions with abilities.

5. Braxzee

Ah I see

Maybe something like this

Tundra Blessing

This unit grants a champ the blessings of the Tundra. May only target champs on snow or ice.

2ap cost ,cool down of 2 or 3, Range 8. Similar to snow shroud basics. Targeted champ gets these conditions set to level 3 Frozen, Chilled, slowed, and awestruck if it carried the conditions before.

or would it be easier to just add 3 to the duration but can not exceed 5?

Thanks for helping :)

6. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Would this be somehow different than snowball fight? Or are you talking straight Grant: Snowball, on a similar CD to like, Grant: Aura skills.

Personally I'm getting extremely tired of having to spend nora using mostly crap champs to boost my frost amp. I'd like to fix that somehow. Like say, letting Ice shard stack so I'm not wasting 3-4 slots on 3 year old champions. Or, put frost amp on new stuff.

New Spell:
    Ice Age-
    For the next six turns, all frost amplification and chill durations are doubled.

Edit:
    Heck, take Artic gift and change it. Remove Ice Veil, add Amplify Frost. Raise its price a bit. Or create a similar spell that applies Frost Amp.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

All I would do is make Iceshard %20 and cheaper.

Lushiris likes this.
  8. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

How would that help? It'd require even more useless old champs to get amp working

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

25 -> 35 -> 45 -> 50 (5 wasted)

Also I greatly disagree with "useless old champs".

Lushiris likes this.
  10. Braxzee

It is not wasted totally, due to a champ dying off with frost amp. Most of the frost amp champs die off quickly due to have to be front line or are just weak. Lonx Adept is pretty strong as it has range defense and healing, maybe yeti spirit as it as some defense from their survivability just falls off. I do not count arctic delegate as part of this as you give up a lot to get frost amp. If that was part of her core than she would be very viable and play like a legendary rune.

Ice amp should be hard to get as there are really is no defense against frost. Having it coming from a spell is too easy. How ever there should be more options to choose from of ice amp as core abilities. Jakei Frost Queen should have ice amp as part of her core ability as well as nohkhan apprentice, ice elemental, and dawn mist.

Aquifn likes this.
  11. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

I played against a magic amp fairy deck earlier, and about cried. They got to 50% extremely quickly, and all the champs were using it in multiple ways to drop damage. Very jealous was I.

I like Lonx Adept, he's pretty much the only one I don't feel like I'm wasting Nora summoning. Everything else I'm like, do I want to spend a champ worth or nora for amp and a basic attack, or get out someone who's got some choices.

the 5% lets me sit at 45% boost and not be forced to summon more amp champs. I'd prefer that over a 5% loss.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  12. Braxzee

Yeah, I forgot about Magic amp, There really is not a whole lot of magic eaters, or magic resistance. I would like to see more ice amp options on different champs and not on spells or equipments

13. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

I'd play Ice Queen instantly if she had it.

While I agree I want it on new, exciting champs, a version of something like flameheart pauldron would be amazing as well.

Lushiris likes this.
  14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

That would probably be overpowered in ST. First because we already start at 25%, meaning we'd have a much higher chance of reaching high damage early; second because that would mean we wouldn't need champions with Frost Amp as much(which by consequence would end up less used) leading to a BG with stronger champions, and third because it's a lot easier making ice/snow than it is making lava, specially with Orb of frostfall, so getting the Damage Shield bonus would be very easy.

As of now Frost Amp is among the strongest mechanics in ST(or maybe the strongest), so not having it nerfed is good enough to me.

And as far as unique abilities go, I think you haven't looked enough, ST has plenty. Specific to Frost damage theme we have Absolute Zero on Frostfall Dragon(which would be a lot more used if made a Shaman, but I wonder if that's pushing too far), elemental Storm: Frost on Whitestar, Grip of the Icelord and so on.

I don't know about your idea because you didn't specify how it would be generated(on a champion, spell, etc) but @Goyo , yours just sounds like Cast: Snowball Fight, unless you were literal and meant something like Grant: Snowball, like Grant: Aura. Then it would be an amazing idea.

Braxzee and Goyo like this.
  15. Braxzee

I think it is Grant Snow ball which would be awesome.

Elemental Storm reminds me of a very weak version of Aspect of Chaos. It pretty much is worth 5 frost dmg and one ap of generation. I do not think players realize how little this does. It is so specific on how your shamans or elementals are placed and how your opponents are placed to get more out of it. If you have 2 elementals near 2 different opponents with in 5 spaces it damages only the one enemy champ one time instead of damaging both enemy champs or damaging the same champ twice. So you need some perfect spacing happening by your champs to enemy champs. Id prefer this ability to go away, I see why it was designed to behave the way it does for fear of it being imbalanced, however it is just not worth loosing an attack over it, or even movement.

Absolute zero I am totally on board with it other than it is on a dragon with no flight that looks like a giant Ferren. If this was on a crystal elemental or a elemental or a jakei that could support elementals than sweet! It is like the unique abilities ST gets are not complete or are weaker versions of very similar abilities. Absolute Zero operates like annihilate other than annihilate is better and annihilate on Akakios fits better all the way around. I am okay with it as this ability is pretty much go dragon go for a ST/SL dragon split tied in with Sky break dragon. My point on this it is geared for a split BG that would be very viable as a FF ST is not known for their dragons. I understand there will be crossover and similarity can not be avoided. I would like to see more of the example down below...

Grip of the Icelord is pretty awesome and unique even if it is similar to frost nova. Frost nova started out unique with ST to begin with. Grip of the Icelord freezes and Nova slows and you can combine it with synergy cheaply as they are abilities both on a lonx. Lonx adept and lonx ice lord. This was well thought out.

Maybe that is just the problem after looking at things is that the new abilities are fragmented as well as the classic ones. Lonx Ice Lord is an awesome example of classic ST with some new flare. Dawn Mist was almost there. Just take away homing sense and give him tunnel snow. Homing sense is not a ST thing or belong in ST IMO, just like leech vitality, buffer, trickster, and Balance. Cool abilities, but let the other factions have their own identity. Nice talking with ya.

Aquifn likes this.
  16. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

I agree a lot with Braxzee, my issue he didn't mention however, is that the good abilities are often stuffed on the 85+ nora champs. And it seems like right now the game has devolved back into a game of spamming 65 nora champs that have just as much hp, dam and speed as anyone else.

That's a development problem though, not a faction ability access problem. If you design champs that do basically the same for 10-20 nora less, they'll get used.

Lushiris likes this.