Why are fairies a total joke now as a theme

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by super71, Jun 26, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

They were never super strong but now they got nerfs across the board they almost all lost deflect and divert and some even lost speed, and this is on top of them all having below 40 hp. I guess i am wondering what could be done to save them as a theme?

2. dueljewel

dueljewel Member

well to be fair, they said they were trashing the current meta

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is potentially too early to say the theme is trashed (they did lose some fun abilities and tricks, though). With that said, focus on the good Fairies. Rascal Fairy is pretty epic with Shadowstrike, Nectar Fairy is a major heal-bot, Moonlit Fae is decent enough with Multiattack and Illuminate, and Snare Fairy can really slow down the opponents.

Of course, I was surprised to see all the Stuns and Deflects go away. It seems like, in their place, many Fairies got a rather generic Charm 1/2/3 upgrade path (Charm isn't the best upgrade path when the champs need to stay away from battle to survive).

All in all, let's wait before saying the Fae aren't viable.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    Yelmo and Makorov like this.
  4. super71

It just sucks literally every fairy lost divert and deflect except oracle. And the hp is just so low one pygmy stampede and pretty much all the fae are wrecked, and charm doesn't make any sense to me either.

5. Xirone

I actually don't mind Charm on the Sprite now. The others, with better range, aren't the best with Charm however.

6. super71

Yeah on the sprite maybe not bad but it's on like all fairies also did you notice vashal quillback ? Is that for real lol dodge 2 block 2 and deflect on top of that he has a damage shield 3 .

7. Staxover

Staxover Member

I do not think you have truly seen the potential with Fairies. They are a much better theme than before with Crown of Pedals, which grants Regal Presence. Now, all Fairies have +7 HP with Foment, +5 with Loyalty, and +5 from Pride. That gives them over 50 HP per unit and +1 Def, not to mention, Iron Will and Fearless. As for Attack, they get +3 from Regal and +1 from Pride, giving, for example, Moonlit Fae a chance to double hit with 11 damage at 4-6 range because of Multi-Attack.

8. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Moonbeams have both evasive and numerous. Does that mean it'll take half damage from ranged attacks and then take 20% (assuming evasive 1) less damage from that halved damage?

9. Staxover

Staxover Member

Presumably, yes.

10. Xirone

Yep, that's the case. It is almost impervious to ranged attacks at the higher ranks of Evasive.

11. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

I always ran Warcaller with fairies. Giving them a damage buff makes them hugely more effective. Is there a single KF rune with Battle Leader now?

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

with numerous on moonbeams now, is there any way to leverage the 2x surge/bulwark bonus besides the fae nullguard's bulwark?

13. Xirone

Can you confirm that the bonus from Numerous is applying to Faeguard Nullbeast? It seems like Moonlit Fae is counting as only one champion when it should count for three.

14. Xirone

Oddly, Vashal Cavalier has access to it but you have to pay 11 nora more than the other upgrade.

15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

havent tested yet

16. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Firk yes, that's awesome. Thanks for the reply.

17. Xirone

They are looking underpowered as a theme. I've played several games with them and lost all of them. My other KF theme decks are doing much, much, better. It is still too early to definitively declare them as underpowered, of course. With that said, some of the Fae are excellent.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  18. Xirone

There are downsides but I'm glad it has Numerous. It is probably one of those abilities that cost very little since it has positive and negatives.

19. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I really think it sucks that Conclave Warden lost Book Burn, especially since there is a Numerous Fae. And I miss being able to run it with Book Burn outside of Fae. I think all its upgrades are cool, especially Mental Net, but I could see Book Burn going on the same path as Mental Net.

20. Xirone

Ensnare is pretty bad compared to Mental Net. I agree it could lose that for something else. Weaken Spells would seem most appropriate on the Conclave Warden (it could then be taken off Fae Oracle or Faeguard Nullbeast). Conclabe Warden is one of those champions that is just not playing well right now.

21. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Only problem with Fae is their damage output vs. cost. I don't think it's a good ratio -- especially not compared to Archers.

Xirone likes this.