Why are there still no firks with Amp Psychic

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by themacca, Jul 21, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

See topic Name.
    It seems a little ridiculous that there are still yet to be any firks with amplify psychic (i am ignoring argol because he annoyingly cannot be used in FF) unlike all the other Amp X BG's that have good champs that also have amplify-X we have to wait until we draw firk masks and then spend an extra 25 nora to equip it. Yes u can argue that it gives 20% which is more thn a regular amp ability. it still doesnt change the fact that we're required to use 2 slots and pay extra nora for it.

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Didn't nueromancer have it prevamp?

3. themacca

it might have. boghopper though

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

True true, once upon a time neuroma nicer made the psychic, psychic.
    <nostalgia>

But uhh, people hate on amp.
    40% amp isn't too bad.

Amp on the firks might cause Nora costs too high.

5. themacca

true but the firk infiltator could probably use a rework. how that thing costs 84 nora with only 28 noras worth of abilities i dont even know.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Because 2-4 range units with decent stats tend to be mid-50's of nora for some reason (stripped of abilities). Angels were the over-efficient exceptions (still are a little, though not as much as before). Fire Salaman for example is 55, Tortun Galesinger is a relatively efficient 57 (relatively efficient thanks to higher DEF), Infiltrator is 58 (which is consistent with Fire Salaman pricing). Darkmarsh Sorceror is 53 (also consistent) etc.

Ability-wise Infiltrator is great, she doesn't need a rework, and certainly doesn't need to be saddled with Amp.