Winged Purpose

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Morfeas, May 23, 2015.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Assuming you run a dedicated Wings BG, would you run this in it?

2. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I did run a dedicated Wing bg and I tried it out for a bit. Didn't do it for me, the HP buffer doesn't have enough impact on '0 def 40ish HP' ranged units and I already had Mark/Hamerheart for Obsidian/Cerulean/Amethyst (plus, I use Divinity/PoV in a pinch).

I don't really need the Sigil trigger most of the time because I'm used to planning my deploys well enough, even with a few non-Sigil champions thrown in. I can always deploy the 20 nora Perch if I want a cheap trigger and I typically deploy Perch every game anyway. I could maybe see 1 additional cheap Sigil trigger being useful about every 4 games, but I can use that slot for stuff that is useful every 2 games at least.

Also, there are a lot of generally good non-champs in the IS toolkit, so it has a lot to compete with. So, I took it out and didn't feel the difference, I don't regret it. But perhaps someone else has a different style it works for, or had different experiences with it?

Oh btw, Wings of Glory is an awesome spell. It increases damage output, it allows my ranged damage dealers to bypass Arrow Eater by Swooping AND (this is what I was leading up to) it gives out 2 ranks of Tough. So if I want a defensive option outside Mark/HH/Guard Tower, this is it. And it does so much more.

3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Completely agree.

4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The design screams"I don't want to make IS OP, but I don't care in other factions"

Seriously 15 hp... that is 1 attack.

5. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Lets trade it for split personality

6. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

add plus 2 damage to the spell as well and it would have a better chance at getting included.