wizard bg?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by GemmaXylia, Apr 3, 2014.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

2. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

no apprendice mage?...

3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

i do like apprentice mage now... lots of good choices for wizzards tho, he probly didnt have space.

4. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I feel like Outcast of the Flame , Woodmarshal and Frostcall Quiver could fit into that bg quite nicely...

5. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

In replacement for what, Dain? :eek:

6. RedDain

My personal choices would be to switch out one strategist, the emerald, and one tower of amaraneth...
    If I were going for 2x outcast, I would take out Time Slip for that. Those are my personal preferences, however

7. RedDain

If you wanted to get creative, use protection in conjunction with Cleansing Flame (noting that fireeater and fire immune champs can be cleansed w/o damage anyway) to gain your cleansing action w/out the Emerald... Protection could replace Carn. Vines. I don't use Carn. Vines unless I am running slam/KB/Explosive Attack champs, just because there are so many ways to relocate/cleanse champs nowadays.

8. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

sound scary not having on deploy cleanse! I'll think about it :D I tend to run a carn vine just because it usually costs more than 25 nora to cleanse it / flying things over chasms DIEEEEE

I'll have a think about the rest, timeslip is really strong though! I couldn't remove that clutch spell

9. RedDain

My problem is that I always Firk up using timeslip and get myself in lots of trouble. LOL

TheNidhogg likes this.
  10. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Oh it's happened many-a-time to me aswell! Risk vs reward I guess :p

11. RedDain

Oh dear, I timeslipped that 15 damage, range 7 champ and didn't kill it... bummer

Sirius and GemmaXylia like this.
  12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

x1 Apprentice Mage is a great idea (I really like him with Throne of the Circle out). So many Novas, so very many novas...

RedDain likes this.
  13. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

i have an apprentice mage in there instead of 2x mage of laments now.

Xirone and RedDain like this.
  14. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

With a long Teleport, Solo: Evasive, and the potential to have Detection, he makes for a great side-font nabber. Also, if the opponent has 3 units close to each other, Apprentice Mage can usually Teleport in and use at least 2 novas (in addition to a well placed Stellar Horizon).

15. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Too powerful. Even the Elven Mage doesn't have Teleport 2.

16. RedDain

Loyalty, Deflect, Longer Range, Higher base damage, and More Base HP.

It balances out. Let it play a bit before stating that it's too powerful. I'd call the new Apprentice Mage "on watch"

Prami likes this.
  17. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Fair enough.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

a lot of elves are wizards

[​IMG]

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CfmCgbc5Acg8chbcf=Cfxcw1cfQCgTc9ls7s4ys7WS2ts6gs6BsLr3nr2YrUr25R3we31
    That's what im using, granted it's a fae/wizard hybrid. There are just so many options in KF for wizards so it boils down to picking the best deploys for your bg set. I obviously have very fragile champions in here, but with the help of spells/tanks they sit in the back lines and deal huge dmg late game. Only gripe I have playing wizards is not getting the chained fae on the first or second turn, I find myself holding off on key deploys because that little extra nora/hp makes such a difference.

20. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

same :/