Woodland Spell Saint (Mid-Term Legendary)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Woodland Spell Saint
    Race: Angel | Class: Paladin, Wizard | Size: Small | Rarity: Legendary (Mid-Term)
    Artwork: A male forest angel is hovering, ready for battle. It is equipped with a shield and a sword, both entirely made of green magics.
    Flavor-Text: "He is a special type of saint, one clearly blessed by nature and by magic. He is just what our forces need to be victorious against this Nefari onslaught. Forward!" -L'ilim, Archer Commander
    Deck Limit: 2
    Nora Cost: High

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 2 | HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical (0 nora)- This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Flight (6 nora)- This champion is Flying and has two ranks of Sentry.
    Mimic Spells (18 nora)- When a friendly single-target spell is cast on this champion, a copy of that spell is cast on the nearest valid friendly champion within 6 spaces. This effect triggers only once per spell.
    Shielded (7 nora)- This champion may not be the target of opposing spells.
    Weaken Spells (8 nora)- Friendly champions within 5 spaces take 5 less damage from spells.

Upgrade Path I
    Spellswallower (6 nora)- When your enemy successfully casts a spell, this unit gets +1 DMG. For every third spell cast, this unit also gets +1 DEF.
    Tempo (5 nora)- When a spell is successfully cast, this champion gains 1 AP.

Upgrade Path II

Council: Spells (10 nora)- When an opposing player successfully casts a spell, you gain 5 nora.
    Favor (8 nora)- When you successfully cast a spell that shares a faction with this unit, you gain 5 nora. This does not stack.

2. Xirone

Obviously, being a Mid-Term Legenedary, the Woodland Spell Saint is going to have some bling. This champion's purpose is to provide a boon to friendly spell casting while dis-incentivizing the opponent's spell casting. The most interesting ability is the new ability, Mimic Spells, which doubles the effectiveness of friendly single-target spells (assuming the spell is cast on this champion). This is a powerful champion but I'd estimate the cost at 90+.

3. Xirone

Oh yeah, I could easily see this set of abilities on Amareth, if you all wanted to go the Hero route. :)

4. Xirone

With some slight changes this champ could also be De'lim. Overall, though, I like the champ as a magical forest angel!

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

5 speed and favor?
    Sucks in split.