Year End Patch

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gorebucket, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

K'thir Forest

Champions

Oaken Defender

• Default Cost to 52
    Avenging Angel
    • Default Cost to 77
    • Upgrade Set 1: Divine Favor 1, Divine Favor 2, Divine Favor 3 (default)
    Great Eagle
    • Default Cost to 60
    Nymph
    • Default Cost to 83
    Wild Elf
    • Default Cost to 63
    Winged Lerper
    • Default Cost to 53
    Avenging Angel
    • Default Cost to 77
    • Upgrade Set 1: Divine Favor 1, Divine Favor 2, Divine Favor 3 (default)
    Apprentice Mage
    • Default Cost to 65
    Gnarlwood Lifegiver
    • Default Cost to 61
    • Starting Abilities: Attack: Magical, Healing Deficiency, Take Root
    • Upgrade Set 1: Weighty (default)
    Forest Giant
    • Default Cost to 83
    Sapling
    • Default Cost to 45
    Ancestral Avenger
    • Default Cost to 92
    Woodland Jester
    • Default Cost to 72
    • HP increase (+5)
    • Starting Abilities: Attack: Magical, Divert
    • Upgrade Set 1: Leap 2, Resonance (default)
    Wilderkin
    • Default Cost to 78
    Timber Wolves
    • Default Cost to 93
    Forest Lerper
    • Default Cost to 78
    Queen Anaru
    • Default Cost to 86
    Aspect of Life
    • Default Cost to 86
    Garu Den Mother
    • Default Cost to 82
    Guardian of the Circle
    • Default Cost to 68
    • Speed increase (+1)
    • Starting Abilities: Attack: Frost, Shatter, Cold Snap
    • Upgrade Set 1: Tough 1 (default), Tough 2, Devotee of De'lim
    Light of the Circle
    • Default Cost to 78
    • Upgrade Set 1: Burn 1, Burn 2 (default), Devotee of De'lim
    • Upgrade Set 1: Detection 3 (default), Illuminate
    Light of the Circle
    • Default Cost to 78
    Light of the Circle
    • Default Cost to 78
    Rage of the Circle
    • Upgrade Set 1: Reckless Teleport 1, Storm Acolyte (default), Devotee of De'lim
    Enforcer of the Circle
    • Default Cost to 81
    • Upgrade Set 1: Balance 2, Balance 3 (default), Sacrifice of De'lim
    • Upgrade Set 1: Immunity: Magical, Resistance: Magical 3 (default), Devotee of De'lim
    Civilized Wilderkin
    • Default Cost to 69
    Flamemage of the Circle
    • Default Cost to 74
    • Damage decrease (-3)
    Seeker of the Source
    • Default Cost to 74
    Pox Renovator
    • Default Cost to 77
    • Damage decrease (-2)
    Solstice Marksman
    • Default Cost to 69
    • Speed increase (+1)
    • Starting Abilities: Attack: Fire, Freezing Strike
    Aurora Inspector
    • Default Cost to 70
    Warden of the Path
    • Default Cost to 73
    Fae Dreamer
    • Default Cost to 51
    • Starting Abilities: Evasive, Fairy Flight, Shatter Summoned, Gift: Future Sight
    Heart of the Forest
    • Max Range decrease (-1)
    • Starting Abilities: Resistance: Physical, Attack: Physical, Verdant Force
    • Upgrade Set 1: Defender, Plant Regeneration 3, Scale Armor (default)
    Spells
    Overgrowth

• Nora Cost increase (+5)
    • Cooldown increase (+1)
    Relics
    Slipstream Fulcrum

• HP increase (+5)
    Sporedrop Mushroom
    • HP increase (+1)
    • Defense decrease (-1)
    Dragonbark Tree
    • HP increase (+1)
    • Defense decrease (-1)
    Spellsurge: Spontaneous Growth
    • Icon has been updated
    Summon: Path of De'lim
    • AP Cost increase (+2)
    Sacrifice of De'lim
    • Nora Cost increase (+4)
    • Cooldown increase (+1)

2. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Heart of the Forest looks super tanky with Scale Armor and Resist Physical.
    It makes his role as relocating tank (or just tank if you choose) better defined.

Lifegiver made some interesting tradeoffs. Being able to move more easily will be nice.

Love the new choices for Delim. (Guardian even got Attack Frost! Yay!)

Guess I need to scrounge up a second Enforcer of the Circle...

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yeah delim changes are great, theme is actually in a very good spot I think, and wont need any more development for a while after the Delim comes out (maybe some more archers/garu next).

Enforcer is super legit now, in meta and in the various themes he fits into.

Not sure why aspect of life was nerfed, didn't seem that problematic.

Like the woodland jester change.

Overgrowth and fae dreamer nerfs were expected and fair, the runes are still strong.

Warden of the path nerf was fair, getting its ability to fit the norm for relic summons.

Don't really like the marksman change tbh, doesn't really need 7 speed (imo), but haven't played around with it yet.

Fulcrum still seems underwhelming, I can see @Xirone using it but I am yet to put it in any of my bgs.

Lifegiver changes, mixed feelings - I like how its now over 50n for devotee, but it sucks it lost vuln fire (for flame siphon).

Yay for anaru buffs, might actually be runnable now?? I still won't include it, but I could see some people running it for fun.

Gnomes likes this.
  4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I liked the Marksman change because I like playing splits with KF, but not FF KF and this gives me a nice ranged option. Esp. for a KF/UD split I'm working on atm (stay tuned).

5. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Think Charged Heal was fine on AoL, since it's such an expensive support. It was out of line on cheaper units. But the Supercharged (2) must go to (1) to not create more charges than can be spent. @Sokolov

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The champ is pretty expensive but should keep Supercharged 2 as long as it is paying 6 Nora for Boundless Vitality. It is rare that Boundless Vitality will ever trigger in an actual game but with Supercharged 1 it absolutely would never trigger.

7. Xirone

@Tweek516 I really don't know why others don't use Slipstream Fulcrum. +3 AP for all nearby champions and global Mobility can be the beginning of a great power turn. It is pricey but can definitely be worth it. It is at least as useful as Horn of Order, if not more so.

Sirius likes this.
  8. Tweek516

@Xirone one Eh, but horn of order is consistent, boosts damage, can grant ap for attacking not moving, your opponent can't use it, and fits so well on the good passive champs we've been getting.

I think I'd use it if it didn't trigger for your opponent too.

9. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

If I use Fulcrum to get me closer to the opponent... and the opponent decides to also come closer, I'll be sure to thank him. That should be the philosophy of a bg running that rune, imo.

10. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I am looking at the patch and seeing mostly KF nerfs. A couple of them are certainly fair. But they actually put in several nerfs to the delim theme at the same time. Shame they went through the trouble of changing Light of the circle and it still wound up being a 78 nora archer. The solstice archer makes her look terribad in comparison.

Big nerf to Nature's Blessing seems really random. Nymph@83 nora is a bit lol-worthy.
    Buff to Ancestral Avenger...it is pretty dang playable at 92 nora....KF has a lot of AOE stuff that gets around Pariah. ~21 damage 8 spd 2def 70HP, boatload of immunities. 93 nora

You just aren't gonna kill Heart of the forest with physical damage....16 damage attack does 6 damage. Pretty nice sandbag.

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Point taken. Haven't played AoL, have always found it a bit too expensive and ended up using cheaper alternatives.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  12. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

She can be had for 75 outside of Delim. Bear in mind the 78 Nora Delim build means she can ramp damage and health, so she has Outcast's range without Dissipate and +1 Speed for 3 more Nora.

Xirone likes this.
  13. Tweek516

Without the sandbag of boundless it would be really good.

As it is, it might still be runnable, would like it to drop a couple of points of nora though.

Note: Just specifying, I don't think boundless vitality should be removed, just perhaps be changed - e.g. when this champion has 10 or more charges, all it's cooldowns become 1?

Might be too good, maybe it halves its cooldowns?

@Xirone

14. Xirone

Naw, I don't want to hate on AoL too much. If the champion were simply given Ripples instead of Boundless Vitality it would essentially work the same but be far more functional. It should be somewhat pricey for that amount of healing though.

Edit: The thing about Boundless Vitality is that it is so powerful once triggered that it is meant to not trigger. Using Lay Hands every turns is OP. The champion pays for something that is not supposed to trigger, which seems odd.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  15. Tweek516

Exactly, I definitely don't think she needs a change atm (priorities), but for long term I think boundless vitality should be changed. I don't think I've seen it triggered once since it's been released.

How much nora does ripples cost?

16. Xirone

Poxbase is out of date but if it is correct Ripples is 6 nora while Boundless Vitality is 6 nora. Boundless Vitality is cool an all but if it is too strong to ever trigger it probably should be changed (or deleted). Not a huge priority right now, though.

17. Xirone

I find it quite useful to drop near the shrine or a safe owned font where champions are being deployed. The opponent will usually position so that champions won't be able to attack much if they run all the way over. Having +3 AP on all of those potential attackers allows them to, well, attack. The relic is then left behind in a safe place so that future deployed champions can get to the battle quicker, too. It also pairs nicely with Initiative champs as they can move up to 10 spaces. I wish I had a KF Harbie. :D

Edit: Then again, Elves (not other decks) can do a similar thing with Epochal Oasis but for +2 spaces moved per champ for 25 nora instead of +3 spaces for 45. So I'd say in an Elf deck, Epochal Oasis is more efficient than Slipstream Fulcrum.

Sirius likes this.
  18. Xirone

Getting back to the patch, did anyone else notice Spellsurge: Spontaneous Growth got its icon upgraded?

19. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I did. Was wondering if I missed whatever champ had that? Or is that something yet to come?
    Either way, the spell is pretty bad... Spellsurge isn't likely to make it or the champ its on any better.

Sirius likes this.
  20. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Unless they make better vegetation-based abilities, spontaneous growth is pretty bad.

Domain: vegetation and camouflage ain't gonna cut it.

God I hope Delim doesn't have that ability.